Florida-Central Florida

WP Farmers Market brides - READ THIS

Ladies,

I know there are quite a few of you that are having weddings and/or receptions at the WPFM, so I thought I would pass along some info I found out about some changes they have made or are making to the building.

The good news:

- They've spiffed up the restrooms quite a bit...the formica countertops are gone and they replaced them with granite.  They also added recessed lighting in there, repainted the walls a lighter color and bleached and sealed all the tile.  Looks great.

- They rewired some of the electrical inside the building, and they replaced the old ceiling fans that were hung way too high with some very nice ceiling fans with dark cherry wood blades and a matte black finish on the metal components that hang at the correct height for them to have an effect on the air circulation .

- They are planning on replacing the tube lighting that is strung up in the rafters with cafe string lights...it's gonna look awesome, but they don't yet have a definite  timeline for completion of the installation of the cafe lights, which leads me to the bad news.

The bad news:

- They are no longer allowing people who rent the space to hang ANYTHING from the ceiling.  This came straight from the facility manager and contracts-office personnel.  Because the new ceiling fans hang lower than the old ones, they are concerned that any decorations that are hung up from the metal work in the ceiling will become tangled and result in a hazard.  They've apparently also had problems with prior renters that caused them to say "no more' to hanging decorations.  This goes for contracts that were previously signed as well as new contracts.

I had a mini-breakdown in their office when I found out about this, since I had purchased some cafe string lights at Target that I would be using to decorate the space, and had been told previously that it would be okay for me to do that. 

The facility manager and the sweet lady that handles contracts were both very nice and tried to reassure me that they would do their best to have the cafe string lights up by the time my wedding rolls around (Oct. 22nd), but they couldn't really guarantee anything, so who knows. 

Best advice I can give you is, if you are planning on hanging anything from the ceiling (lights, lanterns, pom poms etc), and you are told that it's fine with them, you should get it in writing.  I had a vision of what my wedding reception space would look like that is now on pause because of this.  Crossing my fingers that they can get those lights up by then!

Re: WP Farmers Market brides - READ THIS

• ahaggertyahaggerty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the heads up. I love this venue, but really dont want to hire a DOC and am stressed about the set up of everything. Which has held me back on my choice so far.
  • vedikavedika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly suggest getting a DOC! I recommend Ashlie Shea..She was awesome..I know $$ is tight right now with the economy and just every day life, but definitely think about it..Getting a DOC will be well worth your $ and you will be super thankful & stress free the days leading up to and on wedding day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards