Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Sandals La Toc St. Lucia

Planning a September,2012 Honeymoon and we are thinking of doing Sandals La Toc in St. Lucia. Has anyone stayed here? If so, what room? LOVE it or HATE it? Also did you do the helicopter ride from airport to resort? Thanks, any suggestions are appreciated!

Re: Sandals La Toc St. Lucia

• Options
    We stayed at the Grande, but we talked to people who took the helicopter ride.  They loved it.  H and I weren't willing to spend the money, plus H is afraid of heights.  Anyway, if I could do it over (and if H weren't afraid of heights) then I'd definitely do the helicopter ride.  If you decide not to do that, I'd recommend getting the private car.  We took the complimentary shuttle in a cramped van.  Next time, we'll pay extra for the car.  Plus, I heard they make special stops and take your picture at certain spots.

St. Lucia is amazing.  Have fun!
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We stayed there in January 2010 on the bluffs with the butler suite.  We really enjoyed it- because the resort is huge, but doesn't feel packed with people.  There are tons of private nooks where you can be alone.  There were quite a few restaurants to chose from at the resort and then we took the shuttle to the Grande and the other one (sorry, I forgot the name) a couple of nights for dinner.
    Our travel agent recommended it- it was the first Sandals we went to.  Since they we have been to several others and have noticed different pro's and con's of each.  She recently recommended Grande Riviera to us (we went in July)- which we thought was very similar to La Toc and really enjoyed that as well!
    Our friends just went on their honeymoon to La Toc (and then spent the last few nights at Ladera) and really enjoyed it as well.  They did a butler suite, but not sure if it was on the bluff. 
    We have a great travel agent that knows the Sandals in and out.  Send me a PM if you are interested in her info.  I'm sure she'd love to help you.  (She is based in DC- I'm in NYC, but it has never been an issue.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just returned from LaToc on Christmas Eve and we LOVED IT!!! The staff was very attentive, there were fun things to do, time to be alone, and great food. LaToc has more restaurants than the other resorts, but you can easily shuttle over the other properties to enjoy their amenities as well.  We didn't opt for butler service because we didn't plan to spend enough time in our room to make it worth while, but we had a lovely room with a killer ocean view. 

I would recommend a tour to Soufriere with either Sons of Man or Joe Knows.  Everyone who went on the tour had a great time.  We also went to Anse LaRaye on a Friday night for a seafood festival. I got a whole lobster and like 5-6 sides for $20.  I also heard that later on Friday nights that there is a huge street party in Gros Islet from like 11pm-2am if you're game.  We didn't have the energy to go, but its supposed to be fun.  

We also enjoyed a nice couples massage at the spa, even though it was a bit pricey compared to services at home. ($180 for a hot stone massage that I can get for $49 at home...)

Overall, we really enjoyed LaToc and Saint Lucia and would totally go back. I give LaToc a glowing recommendation.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards