Honeymoon Discussions

Is this a SCAM or NOT?

So just got a call from lady saying i won a bridal package and the i won wine glasses and bridal ring set on behalf of jcpennys and also that i won a trip for free to like 4 differnt places i pick from only thing i pay for to get package is shipping and handling on glasses and round trip air fair to wear ever i pick hotel and food and drinks would be paid for i have to go to a hotel tomrrow sit threw 90 min presintaion but i was suppose to get a email with conformation number have not yet called the number back said something about dinner for 2 is closed gave hours they were open searched on the internet that they just want you to buy kitchen appliances or something anybody no about this??????

Re: Is this a SCAM or NOT?

• I got fooled on one of these promotions. I was told that we had won a trip for two with airfare and hotel included and all we had to do was sit through a 90 min presentation on kitchen appliances. Well this 90 min presentation ended up being 120 min presentation for extremely expensive kitchenware. They also told us when we got there that their prizes had changed, so nothing they told me on the phone was what they told us at the presentation. We were also treated very rudely for not wanting to purchase their kitchenware. I'm sorry I did not have $2000 in my pocket to buy your stuff. It was a terrible experience and will not fall for it again. Nothing is as good as it sounds. I say save your time and not go, my experience was terrible and did not receive a single thing we were promised.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • If you didn't enter any kind of sweepstakes at the company calling you (in this case, JcPenney), then it's definitely a scam.  (And it could still be a scam even if you did enter a sweepstakes at that store).  But if you never even entered anything, that's a dead give-away.

Even if they do end up giving you a prize, they will harass the crap out of you at the meeting and for a while after.

SaveSave
  • sounds like a scam I keep getting calls similar to that and I hang up every time! They will ask for your CC info and use it to pay for other things don't do it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime"
  • thanks you all read alot about this place sounds like you go you can get the package if you if you buy something or not but more look at if free trip have to pay for flieght but that more expensive then some places i have looked at like going to sandals resorts all-inclusive might as well save our money go were we want to
  • There is a very important button on your keyboard. It is the period button. It's very useful. 

I wont even touch the spelling and grammar issues.

When you write something PLEASE try to write it as clearly as possible so that those of us reading it don't have to read it 7 times before we understand what you're asking.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards