Outdoor Weddings

I need help as I have no idea on theme or colour and only have 5 month to go

We have booked the location, it will be outside with a huge garden on a small island and a tent.
And I have my dress, Amaya from Rosa Clara, but for the rest I need help..:-))
NO idea about the colour, don't really have a favourite colour, thought abouth white/green or white/yellow/organe or white and summer coulours.
And do I need a real theme?

Re: I need help as I have no idea on theme or colour and only have 5 month to go

• no you don't need a theme. your theme is "wedding" or use your colors as your themes.  My advice to you, and what I did when I couldn't make up my mind on colors is...
    go to a hardware store, pick up paint swatches of colors both you and FI are drawn to and pair which ones you both seem to like and see how they go together.  Once you made up your mind, use those colors.
    You can also use the colors of the reception venue as a good indication on what colors to use.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • I don't have a theme OR colors.   At the end of the day, I'll still be married, and everything will look beautiful.  
    DSC_9275
  • No theme necessary.  

If you don't have a favorite color I would pick something that goes with the reception hall of the ceremony location.  (So if one of them had pink and green carpet with green chairs, I would probably choose pink or green for colors).  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks so much, so relieved..:-)
    Was just worried before when I was searching for ideas and saw that most of the others weddings have themes or colour schemes.
    For the location, it is outside, so I would say green as no carpet or any other colours. But only green I find a bit boring.
  • Im having an end of summer wedding and no "colors" per se.  The ceremony is outside (God willing).  I just decided Id go for multi-colored flowers ect.  something like that.  No real color committment just beautiful colors :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If theme is important to you, you should find one, if not then no one will notice you don't have one.  I was freaking out about colours until just recently.  I don't do well with choices and kind of liked everything and kind of also hated everything :P.  Then I realized I could circumvent it by having every colour.  So I'm going with an "atlas" theme and using vintage atalses for stationary.  That way I can use pretty well every pastel colour there iis and the atlas pages tie the whole thing together.  So maybe what you need to do is sit down and figure out why there isn't a colour you want.  Is it because you like every colour?  Or is it because you like three colours?  Just find something that is all of those colours.  Bingo.  Theme.
  • I agree, you don't need a theme or color scheme.  I am having an outdoor wedding and I'm using the greens but also adding yellow in the flowers and possibly some browns to go in, did you try to make an inspiration board?  Go through all the pix here on the knot and pull ones that you like, you'll make it work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards