Outdoor Weddings

LUAU THEMED RECEPTION IN AR

IM GETTING MARRIED SEPT 18 AND WE ARE DOING IT AT A LAKE CLOSE TO OUR HOUSE MY RECEPTION IS LUAU THEMED BUT ITS SO HARD TO FIND LUAU ITEMS THAT DON'T LOOK LIKE THEIR FOR A KIDS BDAY PARTY.... ANY IDEAS ON WHERE TO FIND LUAU ITEMS AT?

ANOTHER THING I'M COOKING HAWAIIAN THEMED FOOD INSTEAD OF HIRING A CATERER THE ONLY PROBLEM IS I AM DEF A DIY BRIDE I EVEN PLAN ON BEING THERE DURING CEREMONY SET UP AND RECEPTION SET UP THE PROBLEM IS.... I CAN'T COOK THE FOOD ALL ON MY OWN TOO SO ANY IDEAS!?!

Re: LUAU THEMED RECEPTION IN AR

• I agree Oriental Trading Company... they are super cheap, but have some super cute things.

As for the cooking thing-- Try Mahi Mahi (super easy fish to cook) and then either make or buy some mango salsa and pour it over the fish. It will taste delicious! Other things to try grilled pineapple and mango, they taste amazing and if done on a George Foreman they are super easy!

Super cool idea... but you should ask for some help from either the brial party or family. Maybe make it a grill out feel and have you or someone close doing the grilling... Good Luck!  oh and if you have a Trader Joes or Whole Foods near by they can totally hook you up with tropical foods and how to cook them!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with both of you about orientaltrading.com  ive been there but i was thinking maybe there was another website that had cute luau stuff... thats the only website i have found so far i was hoping to find another one where i could actually compare prices haha but anyways about the grilling i hadnt thought about mahi mahi and there is a grill at the reception site so that may be perfect thanx!!!
  • 55pawsh55pawsh member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Use a crockpot for kalua pig, it will save TONS of time and its SOOOO easy!!  good luck!
  • do you by any chance have a recipe for kahlua pig? i found a recipe for roasting a pig in your kitchen instead of in the underground pit and i thought about trying that...  i have several ideas but i kinda want to taste them all before the wedding to make sure they taste good like char siu pork the recipe sounded good but i want to try it first
  • I'm also a DIY luau wedding bride, although I plan on using a caterer for a pig roast. I fell in love with these following photos for stunning DIY projects. I'll use them for my cocktail hour and leave them out for decoration.

What do you think?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards