Outdoor Weddings

anyone with bathroom issues w/backyard wedding?

we're having 80 guests. We have two bathrooms. the bathrooms are new and plumbing is new! My man is a plumber (yahoo). We can't get port-o-potty cause our budget is DONE. anyone out there have backyard wedding? if so, any advice or thoughts you can share on this issue??

Re: anyone with bathroom issues w/backyard wedding?

• We had 2 bathrooms for about 111 people and it was fine. As far as I know, most used the downstairs bathroom without any issue. If the wedding was at someone's home or somewhere with limited bathrooms, I wouldn't mind.
  • That was helpful..thanks!

• I also have this situation too and I figured that 2 bathrooms for our 50 guests should be enough.  I think your guests should be fine and hopefully no one will take their sweet time in there.

I actually have a question too!  Even though bathrooms in a house are pretty easy to find, are you going to put some kind of sign in the house pointing to the bathroom?  I am debating on whether I should do that...

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Christmas Movie
    My Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good question! I thought the same thing. I have a bathroom on the main floor and one bathroom in our basement floor. I'd like to create a sign tio guide the guests! I think I might..what would it say "bathrooms this way" -- Restrooms with an arrow?
    Any thoughts?
  • I was thinking a cute painted wooded sign that said "Restrooms" with an arrow that could maybe be placed on the wall somewhere.  You can find many signs on etsy.com although they are a little pricey.  I am thinking of maybe making my own wooded sign from Home Depot.

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Christmas Movie
    My Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The only concern would be if you had a septic tank. Then there might be issues. Otherwise as long as there is ample toilet paper and you don't mind everyone traipsing through the house it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
  • Hello future brides! I just got married in August, and call me a geek, but I can't get enough of this stuff! So, I made a blog for you! I want to share my dos and my don'ts and advise! Check out my blog! I just wrote a page about VENUES, including stuff about backyard weddings! 

If you have any questions, leave a comment on my blog, and I will get back to you! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards