Outdoor Weddings
Options

Need Advice

my sister is telling me the dress i want does not match my wedding. i really love this dress and want to know if you went to my wedding would it be to much (bling, puff) and if so how can i chnages things about the wedding to match my dress. CHEAPLY

i am having a garden wedding. the ceramony will have alot bling (chandier, crystals, roses) but the reception is going to be low key have games to play and kinda a upscale BBQ feel becuase no one in our family dances. i was going to have diamond accents where i can but my sister is worried i will look way to dress up for the reception.

here is a picture of the dress and thank you so much for your help !!!

Re: Need Advice

• Options
    You're the bride. You can wear whatever you want. If it's going to be a low key-ish kind of thing, then go more natural with your hair and makeup and don't have too much bling in your jewelry. That way you can have your (gorgeous!) dress, but won't feel out of place. =)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_need-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:d777b7e5-4457-404a-a6c2-3467235bac4bPost:03db98c1-8336-46b8-8cb4-0b55e5bf54ff">Re: Need Advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're the bride. You can wear whatever you want. If it's going to be a low key-ish kind of thing, then go more natural with your hair and makeup and don't have too much bling in your jewelry. That way you can have your (gorgeous!) dress, but won't feel out of place. =)
    Posted by morenachica110[/QUOTE]

Agreed!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_need-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:d777b7e5-4457-404a-a6c2-3467235bac4bPost:03db98c1-8336-46b8-8cb4-0b55e5bf54ff">Re: Need Advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're the bride. You can wear whatever you want. If it's going to be a low key-ish kind of thing, then go more natural with your hair and makeup and don't have too much bling in your jewelry. That way you can have your (gorgeous!) dress, but won't feel out of place. =)
    Posted by morenachica110[/QUOTE]

<div>This!</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Looks fine to me! What about a different dress for the reception? Seems liek a lot of people do a dress change these days.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wear what you want. It's your wedding day and your choice of dress. I agree with the prior posters that you may want to soften the use of too much bling, but the dress is fine.
  • Options
    We're doing a backyard wedding, very casual. FI is wearing khakis, white button down and a tie (which I fully expect will be taken off sometime between the cermony and reception). We both work in finance and are quite used to dressing up for work and client events. But we wanted our wedding more casual. That said, I am wearing a semi-traditional wedding dress. It's ivory satin, sweetheart neckine, spaghetti straps and rather slinky (think 1940's ish). There are no beads or lace, so it's simple, but it is most definitely a wedding dress and what some might say is a bit formal for a low-key backyard wedding. Doesn't matter. I fell in love with it (as did my FI - we went shopping together) and I feel gorgeous in it. To me that's the most important part.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That dress is gorgeous! If it's what you want then get it! You're the one that is most important.
  • Options

It's your wedding wear want you want to! I think your dress is beautiful!

• Options
    I also think it's really cute when you mix fabrics like burlap or denim with stuff like satin or lace, but that may not really work with your colors. These post are posted by all the users are very useful to me for my color selection.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards