Florida-South Florida
Options

THE SCALE :(

uhhh. I did it.I got on a scale this morning after avoiding the past 3 months. I hated it every second, but it's time to get my assss in gear. I have gained. In the past 3 months I have gained 4 pounds.BUT... in the past 4 years I have gained a whopping 11 pounds. That's gross. And wrong. Granted, I have been eating whatever I want and avoiding excercising (except yoga) - so, if I want to stay a fat blimp I now know how to do it.My name is Courtney. I am 5'5. I will lose 16 pounds by my wedding day. Thank you for listening.xo
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker

Re: THE SCALE :(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    !!! I was so going to see if you girlies wanted to start weigh-ins today :x ::sits butt in chair (which happen to be in a circle alla AA style. but its is more like EA (eaters anonymous)...)::Hi, my name is Tess. I'm 5'4". I'd like to lose 10lbs in 27 days. My weakness is ice cream.
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yehhhhhhhh!! I'm glad we're in this together Tess. "welcome tesssssss"hahaha.EA rules.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We can do this!! :) p.s. are we the only two on right now? lol i guess its a bit early for everyone, huh?
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lolol I think so!I get to work at 6:30 AM. Heading to Atlantic City after work, beach tomorrow in Ventnor - wahoooo! Any big plans?
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would like to join... My name is Cinthia.  I'm 5'1".  I will lose 20 lbs by my wedding day.  My weakness is anything chocolate.  I need major help.  I've lost a 13lbs so far, but it stop.  :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Cinthia!! I should say my weakness - it's pasta. ALL pasta. I eat wheat pasta but nonetheless. MMM.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Courtney, 16 lbs is very doable in 18 months.  4 lbs is normally what women fluctuate because of menstruation, right?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cinthia - are you working out? if not, start! if you are, trying doing something else. I.e go rock climbing, starting swimming. Sometimes your body uses used to the same work out over and over. Also, weight train. Cardio sometimes isn't enough. In order to burn fat, you have to build muscle!!Court - no big plans. i'm actually glad. just a nice quiet weekend home for the most part. I think I may cook a really big dinner on Saturday night - just not sure what yet!! Have sooooooo much fun in AC. You are seeing Danny Tanner, right? lol It's funny, he is a raunchy mofo - it's totally mind blowing to sit there and watch Mr. Tanner curse! lol
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww...I'm already feeling the support thanks Tess and Courtney.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ana!!! I think I can do it. I'm feeling positive and ready. I lost 40 pounds while in college (I gained about 32 pounds my freshman year, no joke - thanks beer and pizza). My brother is giving me his treadmill this weekend - it's old but it works and should do the trick. Tess - Danny Tanner is in 2 weeks (Aug 14th) - tonight is dinner at Wolfgang puck for FI's birthday :) :) BUT.. I can't waaaaait for Mr Tanner (lol, do I have to call him Bob?)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I gained all my weight in college, too. Hi. UCF = food heaven. There is ALWAYS something toe at around there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to be part of the Skinny Knotties Challenge!!! Together we can do it - AND be extra hottie knotties for our weddings! LOL Hi, my name is Nicole.. I am 5'1 and I need to lose 25lbs.  I am addicted to munching!
    Nicole & Darren Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You girls are all very strong ladies and YOU CAN DO IT!! Your goals all seem very reasonable and if you stick to it and stay motivated you'll reach your goal no problem! Support is key! Court - I love AC, have a blast girl!! One of my fave lines "I'm one stomach flu away from my goal weight"....here's hoping we get the stomach flu!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Although weight training does build muscle, it doesn't really burn fat.  To burn fat, you need to keep your heart rate up and weight training doesn't do that because it's focused and localized work.  The best way to keep your heart rate up and burn fat is to do aerobic activity, which is also cardio.  If your aerobic activity has got you stuck in a rut, try circuit training, which is made up of several sets of strengthening and toning movements working various muscle groups (upper and lower body)simultaneously, keeping your heart rate up, thus burning fat.  Even jumping rope is a good workout.  You'd be surprised how long you can't last and how much you'll sweat.  You'll also wake up sore as heck the next morning.  I suggest looking up "how to jump rope" online so you know how to get a real workout out of it.The treadmill is a good way to burn fat (as is running, jogging, and walking).  The trick is to toughen it up every few weeks, whether you jog for a longer time or make the setting harder (I'm not sure how treadmills work).  Exercise TV on Comcast On Demand gives you access to a variety of workouts as well.  Jillian Michaels from the biggest loser has her own exercise channel on Exercise TV.  She's the best at circuit training, and boy, she's tough!  Additionally, if your goal is to lose weight, as opposed to getting in shape and toning, you must change your eating habits.  I'm not talking about restricting yourself from anything (except fast food . . . ), but just reducing your meals to moderate portion sizes and lower your caloric intake.  An excellent (and healhful) way to fill you up during meals is by increasing your fiber intake, especially whole products.  OK, this post has turned didactic.  I'll end with, GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Actually its not true that weight training doesn't burn fat. It does. The point of weight training is to build muscle which keeps your metabolizing all day. Yes its localized, but it keeps burning long after the exercise is over, as opposed to cardio activity which stops burning the moment you step off the machine. The best way to burn fat is to do intervals. Like sprinting on the treadmill and then walking. Run for 30 seconds, walk for 1 minute. Do that for a half hour. Similarly, to get toned without getting bulky, use smaller weights at a higher repetition. I use only 5 lb weights to do biceps for example, but I do about 20 reps, 3 sets. Circuit training is the best wherein you incorporate both weights and cardio. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the term "hottie knotties!" ;) But i need to vent!! I'm so frustrated!!! I have been working out 5-6 mornings/week and while i have seen my arms tone and change and my abs get stronger- neither the scale or that oh so difficult area - hips, thigh, belly - is changing!!! Grrrr! i hate being a pear/spoon shape!!! I know better than to rely on a scale but just a little change would be inspiring!!! I'm 5'7" and would like to shave off 10-15 lbs before dec/jan so I will feel better about taking b-pics before wedding and bikinis for the honeymoon in March! Woo hoo! Now to go eat breakfast...lol. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ann its good to eat breakfast! You need to be eating breakfast to kick start your metabolism. Not eating until you're super hungry isnt good bc your body slows down and you end up gaining more. I agree with Anagloria that portion control is really the key. And protein!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jill - don't even joke. lol In March I got crazy sick and lost 10lbs! lol Granted, I didn't stop eating for about a week after I felt 100% better. Haha About 10 weeks ago I started running. I lovee it. I've also recently started to do laps. I hate not being active (I was the kid with ADD who didn't stop. lol)....And it's always easier to have a some good friends behind you for support. We can do this ladies!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tess, getting sick (flu-ish, not terribly sick) is a blessing! LOL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooh! I want in on this! I was thinking of making a fitness challenge post, because I do need motivation! I have engagement pictures in October and I need to get my health back on track. Oh, do I ever.I agree with Jillian, breakfast is very important. Otherwise your body goes on starvation mode, and eats your own muscles. So eat, ladies, no skipping meals!I am 5'4, and I would like to lose 5 pounds and stay fit.On my worst days I'm hitting 120, and if the sky is falling, 122. I would like to hit 115 and stay there, if possible. I'm at 118 right now. BUT WEIGHT IS NOT AS IMPORTANT AS HOW ONE FEELS OR LOOKS!I'm happy being 10 pounds heavier knowing I'm all muscle and look lean and happy. Yesh.(Muscle weighs more than fat! Get inspired by that!)So yeah, I'm so in on this, lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alpine - screw the scale. lol start taking you measurements :) Jill - thats what ive always been taught, as well. while getting your heart rate up is important, it stops after you hope off the treadmill. and evidentally... u burn more calories weight training vs cardio. how true this is, i dont know. but it was in an article  at the gym. lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    :) Thanks Jillian, I know breakfast is important - but i think i put it off a little too long today. I do a morning boot camp at 6am 3Xweek and will usually have a high protein drink b4 that. Originally, I tried to "eat" before the bootcamp but felt "puke-y" the whole time. So now i eat when i come home. I got a recipie for"protein pancakes" ...lol FI calls them "wheat-germ." It sounds gross but it's really not that bad. I can post it if some of you ladies are interested. (it's really not that bad - b/c i can't eat something unless it tastes pretty good)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is great!  I began my weight loss challenge before I was engaged, but now I'm even more pumped.  I (sort of) did The Master Cleanse about 6 months ago and it really gave me a nice jump start - I've been able to keep off 10 pounds. I've always been a workout freak and I eat fairly healthy, but my body never changes.  I get my workout high from Zumba, which I could do everyday for the rest of my life (it's so much fun).  I'm also training for the Disney Half Marathon in January.  I've just recently started using the power plate so I can tone a little.  I would like to do more yoga, but between work, school, wedding planning and marathon training I can only get in one day a week.  I'm Crystal, I'm 5'5 and would like to lose another 5-10 pounds before my wedding day next May. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    tessie didnt get to eat breakfast today :( she is very sad about that. i want my wheat eggos and melon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My name is Elizabeth, or Liz and I am 5'9 and i want to lose 15 lbs by wedding day. 10 more months. I can do it just need to motivate myself! This was such nice thing to do ladies! Tess- I went to UCF too!!! Food heaven is right!! It's everywhere!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is true! Thats why if you have muscle tone and you dont work out for x amount of days, you're not going to gain weight. If you just continually do cardio, its not going to prolong the effects after you stop running. I'm not saying dont do cardio, def do, bc like you said, you need to get your heart rate up, but dont ONLY do that. Also, on days when you do a big weight training day (like legs) dont do THAT much cardio bc you're defeating the purpose. Also, squats and lunges are your evil friend. They're evil bc they hurt like hell, but they work! And if you're doing lots of weights, dont look at the scale! Measure yourself according to how your clothes fit. Muscle weighs more than fat!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    By the way Courtney - I was in LA two weeks ago for a girls weekend and we went to a comedy club on Sunset Blvd.  Bob Saget was the surprise guest - it was totally unplanned, he wanted to try out some new joke on the audience.  He was pretty funny and very dirty!  Definately not like Danny Tanner!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd LOVE to do Bootcamp but cant wake up that early! I've started taking classes at the gym (step, step circuit, body works) and I'm in love. They're so much fun and a really great workout. Plus I dont have to think too much and I dont take it easy on myself. Ann, I could never eat before working out either!
  • Options
    minerva0416minerva0416 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to be get suppot too. I been MIA and haven't post in a while,,,, My name is Minerva 5"3 and need to lose20 Lbs by April 17,,, We can do it....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    <---- did over 100 sqauts/lounges yesterday. I'm determined to get my legs back! They used to be rock soild. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards