Florida-South Florida
Options

Best Meds

Poor FI is home sick today with a terrible sore throat and stuffy head. He didnt sleep a wink last night and couldnt swallow at all. I feel so bad, I wish I was home with him right now. It was so sad leaving him this morning, I just wanted to jump back in bed and rub his head.He says it feels like "swallowing razor blades." I'm going to pick up some OTC meds to bring home to him, which are the best for those symptoms? He's not coughing.I hope he gets better soon and I dont catch it bc we are going away on Friday :(TIA girls!
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Best Meds

• Options
    edited December 2011
    mucinex and warming relief theraflu. rub his chest with vicks... and kiss him good night :)
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    p.s. make sure he doesnt have strep!!
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    aww Poor guy!! I have this same sort of bug right now... I can swallow but my throat is itchy, my nose is runny and my eyes are watery. I also have that awful congestion headache.. stinks...I think definitely some kind of tamiflu or something maybe even a Zpac depending on if he's coughing anything up... aww... poor thing!!!!!
  • Options
    citytoshore09citytoshore09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    zicam got me through an awful bout of sickness before the wedding - totally love the stuff, even though it tastes nasty. lots of juice, lots of soup, lots of rest! hope scott feels better asap.
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If he is still feeling yucky tomorrow I am suggesting he goest to the Doctor. I am really hoping its not strep. Thanks hun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww i hope he gets better babe,. I hate being sick, its the worst! PS - change of subject...but so far me , lis and andra are doing yoga this weekend. i see you are going out of town but next weekend, you in?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! I rarely get sick so I usually just take Tylenol cold and flu or stick it out, but since we're leaving on Friday.... D, I've already got matzoh ball soup on the list! Jewish penicillin!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup Aim, I'm totally in!!! Awesome, thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    zicam!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely have him see a dr. Antibiotics are the best, I have to take amoxycillin instead of z-pack depending if it's bacterial or viral. Sounds like the beginning of bronchitis or strep. I get the razor blades feeling when my tonsils get inflammed. =*( Lots of clear liquids. Broth will help.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    eek, feel better Mister Scott :( i've been sick for like 90 years, lol. I finally started a Z-Pack two days ago and I'm feeling BETTER!! PRAISE MOSES!!also, tylenol or motrin (acetaminophen or ibuprofen) should help with the pain.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know much about meds, but a trick that always work for me is to take a hot shower, and get back in bed. When you stay in bed all day you're staying in your own pool of germs! Plus I always feel better after a shower, so it helps me with getting better.Orange juice! TONS! Hot lemonade always soothes a sore throat. Hope he gets better :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Court, I cant believe you are STILL SICK! Holy canoli! But glad you're starting to feel better! I want to leave work like NOW and go home...I might leave at 4. I just bought the entire row of sore throat meds at CVS. Anything that said sore throat went in the bag...I should really buy stock in CVS. Thanks for the advice and well wished girls!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    not sure on the meds, but I've tried gurgling warm salt water(just add salt to water...duh) and it soothes my throat for a brief time. I agree the vicks on the chest is great.I hope he feels better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards