Florida-South Florida
Options

Program HELP!!!!

So I have come to a bump in the road!!! My designer lady ( Nicole @ pink design events ) is going on materinty leave right around my wedding - which means anything I need her to do, I have to tell her ..like...NOW. Most of the stuff I have ready - except my programs. That being said - I have a very important question - any opinions welcome!!!! I am not 100% positive on music and im not 100% positive on readings and all that. Sorry, Im totally ceremony-dumb you can call it. Is it ok for me to have a program without all the "readings" and prayers and stuff on it? Like just have a program that lists family - bridal party - etc??? TIA Im so lost!!

Re: Program HELP!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes I have seen simple programs that just list the bridal party and stuff... one pager. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You sure Lis??? It wont look dumb?! I trust you - just making sure lol
  • Options
    tazdvl3tazdvl3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never seen it personally. But I thought a program would be to help people understand the ceremony. I don't think that listing just the BP and family is dumb. I just don't know if I'd see it as a program.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was looking at programs on a website the other day b/c I wanted to start collecting ideas for mine and saw one pagers and actually thought hmm, that's not a bad idea! I think it was alaunbydesign.com?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your right Lissette - its very true... So with that being said, lemme ask this. Say i figure out the music - how do i know what the rest of the stuff is called? Like the readings and stuff. Do I get that from my officiant? Sorry I am so clueless - and we are so not religious lol
  • Options
    tazdvl3tazdvl3 member
    edited December 2011
    Oh, Jaime posted a while back some one page program she saw somewhere that she liked. I think they were tied to the chairs. They looked really pretty.
  • Options
    tazdvl3tazdvl3 member
    edited December 2011
    Yes, talk to your officiant.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That was my basic idea, LOL. I like it, it's simple and nice.My bridesmaids are in their majority Peruvian friends, and my American guests don't know them  so it's a nice recognition. It's also useful for the groom's side to get acquainted with the bride's family and viceversa :)
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can do a program where one page has the order of the ceremony and the other the bridal pary names and the last your thank you's (God, parents, friends etc...) for the order of ceremony you don't necessarily have to put the name of the songs and exact readings etcc....so u can have something like: - Processional - Reading by Jane doe  - Unity candle ceremony (if applicable) - Solo by John doe- Exchange of vow - Exchange of rings - RecessionalI went to a wedding and it was like that. I kept the program because i'll be doing something similar...i'll be in the boyton beach area this weekend visiting MOH, i can let you see it :)let me know...GL pumkinxoxo  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jess you are the best! Ill be FB'ing you my phone number :)
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i already have it, silly :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha otay good! thanks so much! I swear i was DREADING the day i had to create my programs. I dunno why im just so "ceremony dumb". Im like hi - im here - and I DO. hehe
  • Options
    tazdvl3tazdvl3 member
    edited December 2011
    Jess' idea seems like a great idea.
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah i'll probably go up there sat or sun...i'll call you when i'm there :)you're too cute; just want to get to the "I do" part, huh?! i hear you.Are you doing anything like unity candle, hand blessing reading, solos or anything like that?
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Sette ;)
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's always nice to have the ceremony written out for people to be able to follow. This way they know what reading is being done, etc. I know not all of our guests are jewish so they won't know the reasons we are doing certain things or what's going on. The program just kind of helps them out. If you think everyone will know and it's not that important, then stick with the simple. Both are will be pretty. At this point, if it's too late, don't worry about the readings and music.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    aim I'm not much help since I know NOTHING about programs but yeah, in my bio I have a program TAG... looks like it's simple.You don't HAVE to list the music I don't think. More of a choice if it really means something maybe???
  • Options
    Kitty315Kitty315 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm late here but I agree with pp's. You can do a simple program like Jess stated or you can do a totally detailed one. Do what you want babes, it's your wedding. =) No rules!
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish I knew ANYTHING about programs/ceremony to help you. I am as dumb as dumb can get when it comes to that. However, I do think its ok and even short and sweet to just have a one pager. No need to overload on info :) ps I'm glad you're doing this first so you can help me when the time comes!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards