Florida-South Florida

small FMIL vent

So a few weeks ago a met two more members of FI's family, his aunt and uncle from his dads side. We went out for breakfast with FI's parents and his aunt and uncle. I saw a friend of mine who worked there and while we were off talking I guess wedding stuff came up. Anyways FI just told me yesterday that his uncle asked where the wedding was taking place. FMIL answered that it was at a park. So is uncle said," great, i get to wear jeans". And FMIL said "yeah, sure".
Im getting married, not having a BBQ. I dont want people wearing jeans at my wedding, the single most important day of my life. I couldnt believe she said that was ok.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: small FMIL vent

• LOL! I'm so sorry, I know you probably don't find it funny...I'm just picturing him being the only one wearing jeans at a semi-formal wedding. Maybe she misunderstood him? I can't fathom why she told him that, just make sure your invitations clearly defines how they should dress. Put something like semi- formal or formal attire?
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
  • I think its funny too. I havent told anyone im upset about it, its kind of petty. But I just couldnt believe she thought it was ok. He'll be under dressed and my entire family will death glare him.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If anything you could casually bring it up and state it was funny how he mentioned wearing jeans to a wedding. On a side note a wedding I went to last year inside no less there was a couple wearing jeans and jean skirt smh. Granted the invitation never said black tie affair I just figured weddings are normally a formal event.
  • Danny&Mel2003Danny&Mel2003 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    Double post sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards