Florida-South Florida
Options

Colors

Hi... I really need some help with colors! My wedding is March 2012 in Florida - at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. I am so indecisive and I should have made this decision by now.

I tend to like romantic settings with pinks and creams. I love peonies, roses, calla lillies. But I feel like I need a pop of color in there so everything is not so washed out. Does anyone have any suggestions for a color scheme with these colors in mind for Spring?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Colors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello...dont worry about the colors I changed mines like 100 times before the weddings... just try to have some before the invites that helps! lol...
    For contrast you can always do a few shades of it and have a hot pink to contrast. You can also do Orange or Yellow. I used google and looked up the colors.. "ex pink and creme weddings" and looked at images for ideas...here is the link for one..GL!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1R2ADFA_enUS439&biw=1311&bih=543&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=pink+and+creme+weddings+ideas&oq=pink+and+creme+weddings+ideas&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=3231l4586l0l4928l10l9l0l0l0l3l208l1228l2.6.1l9l0
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe some light pinks and greens with a little bit of pale yellows?

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, thanks for the suggestions! After researching all morning... the colors I seem to keep coming back to are pale or dusty pink, ivory, champagne & gold. Do these colors seem like a good choice for Spring? I love how they seem elegant and classic.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    plswitzeplswitze member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you decide not to do ivory, I've seen soft pink, platinum & white. It's very chic! and peonies are so awesome in whites & pinks! Im jealous b/c we are doing a tropical theme, and peonies didnt really fit. have fun w/ the colors, pink is so romantic!
    *My Planning Bio* *UPDATED 1-18-2012*
    South FL March siggy: Fave Registry Item
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OP, both yours and PPs color combos are very pretty. I'm sure whatever you pick will be great together!

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • Options
    Jen2012Jen2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend did pink, white, pale green with metallic (thats the best way i can describe it) for an April wedding at the Breakers. I can email you some pics of the decor if you would like?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    abellabell member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All the color choices mentioned are super pretty and you can do so much with them.  I love the blush, champagne, pale pink and you could add silver.  HTH!
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_colors-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:1d4c1628-21ee-4821-ac16-a45b12c08af7Post:13fe364e-36c2-43eb-87f1-82a3786e2201">Re: Colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, thanks for the suggestions! After researching all morning... the colors I seem to keep coming back to are pale or <strong>dusty pink, ivory, champagne & gold</strong>. Do these colors seem like a good choice for Spring? I love how they seem elegant and classic.
    Posted by JessicaDawn418[/QUOTE]
    That sounds gorgeous!!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much.. you've all been so helpful!

Jenn2012 - I have seen pictures of weddings at the Breakers... gorgeous hotel. I believe they are more expensive than Boca - I did look into them as well. I would love to see some pictures of your friend's wedding there for some ideas! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards