July 2012 Weddings
Options

How To's

Here are some helpful directions to some of the most commonly asked questions on TK (from the lovely kls114, July 2011 moderator)! HTH!

HOW DO I PUT A PICTURE IN MY SIGGY (SIGNATURE)?

1. Upload your picture to a web-hosting site. Photobucket works the best (www.photobucket.com).
2. Choose the code option with the html code and post it into your signature (found through "my knot" and edit profile).

HOW DO I PUT A PIP (PICTURE IN POST)?

1. Upload your picture to a web-hosting site. Photobucket works the best.
2. Choose the direct link to the picture, you will know you have the direct link because it will end in .jpg (or other picture file). Another way to verify is to right click on the picture and go down to properties to see the URL.
3. Then go to www.tinyurl.com or www.snipurl.com to make your URLs small.
4. Use this code for the post: [img]

5. Be sure to take out the asterick (*)

HOW DO I MAKE A BIO?

Choose a planning bio. site (most of the girls use) www.mywedding.com or www.weebly.com. They are both free of charge and very user friendly! Mywedding has the option for your guests to rsvp online and to request song choices for your reception. Weebly allows you to have bigger pictures and add more pages.

BIO IS DONE, WANT TO PUT IT IN YOUR SIGGY?

1. Make the URL to your bio short by using tinyurl or snipurl.
2. Use this code for a clickable link in your signature:  [url]YOUR URL HERE[*/url]
3.Be sure to take out the asterick (*)

HOW DO I MAKE A URL CLICKABLE IN MY POST?

1.The easiest way is to hit space and/or enter after the link.

2. Otherwise, the code to make it clickable is: [url]YOUR URL HERE[*/url]
3. Be sure to take out the asterick (*) 

HOW DO I MAKE A WEDDING TICKER??

1. VisitL  http://global.theknot.com/tickers/WeddingTickerChooseBackground.aspx
2.  Follow the prompts.
3.  You'll get a code when you are finished choosing your ticker.  Copy this code and paste it in your siggy, which you find in your profile.
4.  Save!

WHAT IS A SIGGY CHALLENGE?

A siggy challenge is not exactly a "challenge" persay. You are not competing with anyone nor are you voting on anyone. What knotties mean by "siggy challenge" is, the board votes on a particular subject (WR or NWR) and all the girls who want to participate on that board post a picture of what pertains to that subject in their siggy.

For example, July 2011's first siggy challenge was voted "flowers you want in your wedding". This means, this particular siggy challenge was "WR" (wedding related) and each girl found a picture of a bouquet or just a single flower (whatever their preference) and put the picture of their choice in their siggy. (On how to post pictures in siggy, please read the HOW-TO post.) The girls on the 7/11 board tend to use http://www.picnik.com/ to create a more fun siggy, but for thoseof you brides who like to keep it simple, we've noticed http://www.photobucket.com/ is the easiest to upload pictures onto. Siggy challenges are really just a way for us to get to know one another better. We get to see each other's inspiration, ideas, and interests in every post they make. It's a fun, simple way to make the board more "alive".

Re: How To's

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards