Florida-South Florida
Options

FSIL, FDAD Rant... (kind of long)

I'm not including her in the wedding party, and I think she is mad at me for it. She will be 17 and because of the deadbeat Fdad I would have to pay her way..dress, shoes, hair, etc. And I am unable to do that.. also I would hate for her to be in the wedding party and not be able to go to any of the bachelorette parties cause she is underage.So I think I am just going to try and pay to get her hair done.. hopefully this will help some?
FDad is not invited to the wedding, He has been drinking and doing drugs ever since I frist met him. Been in and out of rehab only because they keep him in a facility where he doesnt have to pay rent or anything. He has been using food stamps to buy liquor at the corner store.. Mostly he is not invited cause he's not suposed to be drinking (AA) and he has lost all idea of how to behave in a social setting. Last time we took him our to a restaurant he fell out of his chair twice cause he snuck alcohol when he went to the bathroom, then started undressing himself in public. FI says that he is not part of his life anymore, that I am his life (awe so bittersweet right) but I feel bad..
What would you do??

Re: FSIL, FDAD Rant... (kind of long)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    O wow! That is a tough one! Im sorry you are going thru that. Do you think that you can maybe make her a junior BM and get her a different dress that maybe wont be that expensive? Does she work? Would you be able to split it with her.
    As for FFIL, that is tough too. I would just not deal with it if Fi doesnt want that at the wedding then I would just let it be. I am in the same situation with Dad and I have just come to the conclusion that having him there would be difficult and would ruin my day.
    You have to do what is best for both you and Fi. GL!
  • Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow what a tough situation. I'm really sorry you're going through this and I don't really have good advice :( You really have to do what you feel is best for you and FI. Go with your gut.
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree about the junior BM thing.....check Macy's or another store like that...doesn't have to David Bridal or a bridal store....

good luck...thinking about you!
  • Options
    PattyJosePattyJose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Karen about the Jr. BM. You can even try JC Penny too. Just before going to those stores, make sure you go online and google for coupons. You'd be amazed at the coupons you can find.

As far as FFIL, you really just have to do what will make you and FI feel best and make sure its a decision you will not regret.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards