Florida-South Florida
Options

Tips?

Who do you tip and how much?
I think that I need to tip the waitstaff & DJ.  The make-up artist, musician, officiant, photographer, coordinator, & caterer are self employed so no tips on top of their fee right?

Re: Tips?

• Options
    Jeni10cscJeni10csc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I think tips are for a job well-done on services. I would recommend also tipping your makeup artist for sure (even if self-employed) and maybe your musician.  I don't know about the officiant at all, because I'm using a catholic priest. HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Would love to hear answers to this as well. I was planning on tipping officiants, musicians, DJ, waitstaff, hair and makeup. I don't have a coordinator--yet.
    Number Atttending 10 image Number Declined 37 image Number Not Replied 240 image
    RSVP Date: September 1
    /image>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Bio
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also heard you only tip those who dont own the business or if you feel they did a great job. I would say make sure you tip the MUA if you love their work and what you did. HTH
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea I am tipping photographer, videographer, and DJ (none of them own their own business)

I have seen mixed opinions on tipping hair and MUA if they come to you, but I think I will be tipping.

I would be very careful tipping officiant. I am not. If it is someone you know maybe invite them to the wedding or give them a small gift/gift certificate or make a donation to their church in their name?

Also, 20% service charge included in venue, so not tipping them. Also, my limo tip is included so I guess I am not tipping them either, unless they really go above and beyond. Just read contracts and make sure you don't end up double tipping.

Also, I am going to send every vendor a thank you note, I think they will appreciate that.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been talking to FI about this a lot lately....

I've been told to always tip the officiant~ we are probably going to make a smll donation to his ministries.  our wait staff/bartenders, valet parkers, and DOC are included in our venue so tips already included for them ( unless out DOC is amazing or saves my life or something - then she gets an extra tip).  That leaves the DJ, who FI thinks we dont need to tip but I say we should, and the photographer.  I didnt think you had to tip the photog - But it sounds like you guys all plan on tipping.  And Hair/MU which I was guessing I had to tip.  I'm kind of confused actually~ all these tips are adding up!!!!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Karyan30Karyan30 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would like to also hear about this
    My venue charges 20% tip so in my case no wait staff
    Im thinking the DJ bc hes not the owner of the business (how much is appropriate? since my dj fee is 650, 20% is 130!! kind of too much right?)
    Also, photog and video are couples who own their own business and are not cheap Im thinking no tip, Im paying for a service
    Musician also on his own and his 750 fee he said includes everything
    MUA and hair im not sure they are charging me extra to come to me, so Im not sure, again is $100 each so that would be an extra 20 each?

how about florist?

• Options
    angiems97angiems97 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you are supposed to tip/or a nice gesture is to tip a Catholic priest (in cash.) We did for my dad's funeral (my uncle reminded us to do this) and I think my cousins have for their Catholic weddings!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards