3) under $2k
4) indoor with view (July event)
5) outside catering allowed

I cannot believe how hard it's been to find something. :( 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cannot find a venue!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Old Davie School House Museum - $1500 for the auditorium on Fri or Sat from 5-midnight. Website: http://odshm.ch2v.com

The gorgeous ballroom of the Leiser Center in Ft. Lauderdale (jcrosenberg just had her wedding there in dec). For a Friday rental, it's $2,120 and a little bit more for Sat & Sun. Website: http://leisercenter.org/facilities/

I'll try to post more as I think of them...good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Those would be my recs also lol. Old Davie is my venue & I absolutely love it. The people who work there are so helpful & flexible. I'm having my ceremony there too on the lawn.

You might want to ck, but I think you have to pay for valet parking, if I'm not mistaken, at the opera house.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies. We're looking into the opera house. Finally got an appointment to go by. Hoping our date isn't already booked. It's double our budget and that doesn't include the valet parking but I'm desperate!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I have no suggestions, but we wanted the same thing as you and couldn't find it. We needed our ceremony at the same location and nothing really worked for what we wanted.  Ended up with an all inclusive package at a hotel instead.  Valet is $7, I believe, at the Opera House. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ARose29- What hotel did you go with? At this point I'm open to anything as long as its beautiful and the food is good and it's not outrageously priced. Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I ended up at the Hilton Marina.  Our package includes valet, ceremony set up, cocktail hour, reception (salad, chicken/fish, and cake-food is amazing), day after breakfast (we got a special at a bridal show), hotel suite the night of, 2 rooms the night before (1 for each of us-also part of the special), some upgraded liquor that we wanted (Southern Comfort, Kettle One), for a great price in Fort Lauderdale on the intracoastal.  It was less than the Embassy Suites down the street, and similar to the Gallery One on Sunrise (also a good option to look at).  What's your total food/venue budget?  That would help narrow your options.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine got married at the operah house, i loved it. plus... the surrounding area is awesome to take pics at. i saw a gazebo right around the corner, super cute. the only negative thing i heard about the venue was that they ended up charging my friend extra time at the venue because the time they had (6-11PM) did not include the breakdown of the vendors so the party was over at exactly 11pm the guy from the venue turned off the lights and told my friends dad he had to pay for an extra hour for the vendors to clean up. he was sooo upset because they were never told. so make sure the time they give you there includes breakdown. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How about Coconut Grove Womens Center or the Spanish Monestery?  I hear they are very nice spaces but I have never seen them in person.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ARose- I've yet to check out a hotel but that hotel is beautiful. I'm just under the impression that it would cost an arm and a leg. I'm looking for a budget under $6k for food/drink/venue.... How far off am I from being able to get that hotel? Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards