Florida-South Florida
Options

flower vendors-HELP ME:)

if you had to choose between these 3 vendors....who would you go with?

Vivian Colls
Jorge Nevot
or
Gil Sosa

im having a hard time deciding between the 3. I also have appts with petals by vivian and petunia this week. can you recommend a florist who is affordable but great at design and concept. im really modern and like funky things but all that can get very pricey.

thanks so much, girls!

Re: flower vendors-HELP ME:)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    check out ethereal floral design! http://www.etherealfloraldesign.com/

They have great prices and do an amazing job! The owner is named Stephanie and is awesome with communication and is super nice!! Tell her Jennifer Fajardo recommended you if you contact her. She will definitely take care of you.

xoxo

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Jorge Nevot and I had mixed feelings.

At first, there was an issue with communication but as the day got closer, I was able to get a hold of him and even meet twice with him just to go over everything. Day of, my all the florals were AMAZING! Much more then I expected considering what my floral budget was but I was really, really happy with the outcome. I would def reccomend him based on price & quality.

GL girl!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i did a trial with vivian and shes good but shes way in over her head, she has her office at her house and its cluttered with flowers everywhere - she seemed overwhelmed..she finally sent me my quote after 3 weeks and when i called her she had me confused with someone else. i don't know i wasnt into her.
    gil sosa is pretty popular on this board - but hes supposedly sketchy when it comes to contacting you via email/phone.
    i havent heard about nevot too much, except he did one of the gregory paul brides, christy back in december and her flowers were PHENOMENAL.
    my florist is ana, from dreams and designs - shes the best. one of my favorite vendors for sure. i really recommend her she gave me a great quote and she works with your budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can only comment on Gil Sosa, he is my florist, his work is great, he is very ON IT, the closer your wedding gets, however he is quick to correspond with my planner and his son also helps run the business now, which makes it better for communication.

Vivian Colls did Christina(millenia wedding) her work is nice from what Ive seen on her fb page.

Jorge Nevot did Nane(Janettes) wedding and I loved her florals... I would say depending on who you choose make sure they understand YOUR vision and know how to execute it. I think they are all similar in price. GL
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I cant comment on anyone but Gil Sosa, he is my florist and he is amazing!! He is getting better with communication, especially since his son is now helping him out.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jeni10cscJeni10csc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you soooo much! you have no idea how much this has helped me:):)

• Options
    edited December 2011

I was going to chime in re: Vivian Colls. Her work is beautiful and when I met with her, she was nothing but nice, however, there were a million things wrong on my quote (including simple things like wedding date). After one round of phone tag, I never heard from her again. I reached out again with an email and no response. In short, while I think her quote was fair, I have moved on to meeting with different florists b/c of the communication issue.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I vote for Nevot - he is the most reasonable florist I found. Literally half the price of what I was quoted from Gil (even though I will say Gil does amazing work).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lazarus Flowers - Benny, he is amazing. Great prices also!
    http://www.lazarusflowers.com/
  • Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jeni my love, I'm using Jorge from Dream Occasions...he got my idea perfectly

http://www.dreamoccasions.net/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vivian Collis is my favorite! And a great person to work with!
    Good Luck
  • Options
    RoseqtyRoseqty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Flowers by Tony in Hallandale!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards