Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Input on the DoubleTree and Crowne Plaza in Independence and the Western Reserve Historical Society?

Hi All,
Has anyone had or attended a reception/function at either the DoubleTree or the Crowne Plaza hotel in Independence?  We are looking at the main ballroom at the DT and the Skyline ballroom at the CP.  Specifically:
- what did you eat, and how was the food?
- was the Skyline ballroom awkard to enter/exit with the restaurant right there?
- how was working with the hotels?

Our last venue option if the Western Reserve Historical Society.  Has anyone worked with Devring's or Det catering?

Thank you in advance for the input =)

Re: Input on the DoubleTree and Crowne Plaza in Independence and the Western Reserve Historical Society?

• Options
    July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at the Western Reserve Historical society.  The garden I was planning on having our ceremony in was gorgeous, but the rain venue wasn't what I was looking for.  Additionally, for my reception, the only location allowed was going to be in the Crawford Auto Museum which wasn't exactly what I was looking for either.

It was a bit more expensive than I wanted to spend, and you cannot use open flames in their spaces which was also a bummer. 

That being said, the coordinator was very accomodating and it is definitiely a unique space.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    maina1713maina1713 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input!  They told us the Crawford was closed in June next year - the garden is pretty, but the inside venue is either a bit small, or has a giant Grecian type mural.  It's a trip, I am leaning towards the hotels, I was just hoping for some first person input.  Happy planning!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards