California-Los Angeles
Options

Vent!!!!

hey ladies, Well this is a little vent I had to let out. So FI got laid off his job about 6 months ago. So it's really been hard and difficult for him to find a job thats really been taking a lot out of him. thats not the problem, the problem is my sister and some friends.  They feel like they can say whatever about the way they feel about our situatiion. I work full time and make alright money and I dont have a problem picking up the slack untill he get a job. Have any of you been in this situation before. I feel like going off on them telling them if they dont have anything positive to say about FI and I then dont say anything @ all.

It's not like he sit @ home all day and do nothing he goes out a look for job.... I'm just tired of people talking and feeling that they can say whatever comes out of their mouth.  What should i do..

thanks

Re: Vent!!!!

• Options
    platinumkateplatinumkate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am sorry this is happening to you. I think unless people are unemployed, its hard for a lot of them to understand how hard it really is especially in this economy to find a job. Nobody is hiring at all. Its all over the news, so they are just picking on him. Tell them to lay off!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My Fi right now is the breadwinner in our relationship.  Because we're two thousand miles away, and I visit him for several months out of the year, that makes long term employment rather difficult to get.  So this time for me is the time I am planning my wedding.

Just because someone isn't employed, does not make them less valuable of a human being.  Loosing a job can make one question one's sense of identity, it is also compounded by the fact that our society is so materialistic.  We are constantly bombarded with hidden messages by our culture that unless a person has a job(that is bought and sold like a product), then that person has no inherent value.  I can't tell you how demeaning that is to the human spirit.  It's the heavy and secret price we all pay for consummerism.

If I were you, I would ask your relatives what they think the going price on a human being is these days?  Obviously, they think the price of true love and companionship is cheap.

And if they don't get it and lay off.  Then of course you can use much stronger words to make your point. 

Some people are so dense they never accept what you are telling them, no matter how well argued and transparent your point is.  When I run into that sort, I do my very best to avoid them(even if they are close relatives).
  • Options
    edited December 2011

people can be so mean. really, it IS hard to get a job even if you have all of the qualifications. i remember right out of college i couldn't get a job for like a year and that was way before the recession started. just hang in there, everything will work itself out Laughing

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies... That helps sooo much. I just cant believe how mean my sister is. I'm trying to be nice about it but she hasnt been nice @ all. She just said some really mean stuff to me that really questions if she is really excited. She even told me that it's hard for her to get excited about it. I'm soo through with her the bad thing about it is that she is in my wedding party... I honestly feel she saying all these bad things because she is not my maid of honor and i chose my other sister to be my maid of honor because im closer to her. I dont know what to do but it making become very stressful on top of the wedding planning.
    thanks ladies i knew you guys would understand
  • Options
    amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im sorry you are going through that. Its funny because im sure they dont make the same amount of money their DH/FI/BFs make. Someone will always make more money but in my experience, the one that makes less money is able to do more housework, wedding planning, etc. There are other ways to help out and contribute to a houshold.

In the end, as long as you two are happy, don't let anyone get to you. This is your time to enjoy. Don't let them ruin it.

Good luck and hang in there! :)
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards