• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
California-Los Angeles

QOTD

Did you watch the Oscars?  Were you surprised by any of the winners?  Who do you think was best dressed?  Worst dressed?
Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: QOTD

• nikojammnikojamm member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I watched them.  Don't usually agree with winners mainly cuz I usually haven't seen all the movies.

I thought Ann Hathaway's 1st dress was gorgeous and Natalie Portman looked amazing!

I thought Marisa Tomei's dress was uuuuuuuugly!

I also thought Kirk Douglas was funny! 
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, I watched them. All the acting awards were what was expected, so no surprises there. I know it was questionable whether Social Network or King's Speech would win best picture. I'm REALLY happy it was King's Speech. I had no desire to see The Social Network, but KS was really very good. I liked True Grit the best, but I'm happy for Colin Firth, et al.

My favorite dresses were: Scarlett Johanssen, Mila Kunis, Marisa Tomei, Amy Adams and Natalie Portman.

Cate Blanchett's dress was horrendous. It looked like it belonged on Star Trek.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know names right now, but I actually think that the little girl from True Grit looked best.  Totally age appropriate and so pretty!

Worst I would have to say the blonde chick nominated for best actress that was in the redish dress.  It was way too casual for the Oscars.

I have the preshow taped at home, so I haven't seen what everyone has worn quite yet.  I wish more people would put their hair up instead of the natural look!
    [img]http://tinyurl.com/7wep4ze[/img]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards