Ohio-Northeast
Options

Dress Consignment shop

Is anyone familiar of a consignment shop that buys new or gently used dresses. The original dress I was going to wear I have decided against. It is new but was bought in 2003. It has a cathedral train and has extravagant bead work and lace. It was just too heavy for me. If anyone is intersted let me know. Otherwise information on people that buy dresses would be great!! Thanks for help ladies. 

Re: Dress Consignment shop

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Julianne's Bridal Outlet sells dresses on consignment. They do take a cut of the price though, and if it doesn't sell after a certain amount of time, I believe they donate it. I've not sold anything through them, but I bought my gown there.Also, you might consider craigslist or ebay.Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I believe Julianne's only takes dresses that were originally purchased within the past 3 years, but it's still worth a shot to contact them.  I'm not aware of any other shops.
  • Options
    Brittany&NateBrittany&Nate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I DO Bridal and Formal in Stow. I've been going there for years and have never had a bad experience. And ask for Millie...she's wonderful :-) Here's the info: (330) 688-1227 5011 Fishcreek Rd, Stow, OH 44224
    wedding countdown Brittany&Nate 1.9.10 Our Wedding Site Our Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies! This helps. I talked to Millie at I Do and she said she does not usually buy but she would look at it so hopefully she likes what she sees!! :)
  • Options
    Brittany&NateBrittany&Nate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, that's GREAT! And you could always tell her that Brittany Jones sent you...I've been in and out there since I needed elementary school uniforms hemmed! I'm pretty sure she'll take it! :-) I'm so glad I could help (hopefully anyway!).
    wedding countdown Brittany&Nate 1.9.10 Our Wedding Site Our Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards