Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

plz help dnt kno what to do

2»

Re: plz help dnt kno what to do

• Options
    Quite possibly the only thing worse than using text speak to post on a message board is being educated (or so you claim) and using text speak to post on a message board. Educated people understand that they will be judged for how they interact with the wider world--including on internet forums--and choose how they present themselves accordingly. If you are as educated as you claim to be, then you should not be surprised when we judge you for your apparently shoddy grasp of spelling, grammar, and syntax.
  • Options
    bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    My text messages are grammatically correct :) 

And I agree with whomever said that a lack of details = probably OP's fault.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_plz-dnt-kno?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:0372870f-7ba9-4ce4-8e04-54fa353b754bPost:4347a153-83f2-4bae-b1cb-71cac3ecf171">Re: plz help dnt kno what to do</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>My text messages are grammatically correct :)  </strong>
    Posted by bablingbrooke[/QUOTE]

This. So are mine. It takes a few additional seconds to type full words. I don't understand why that presents a problem for some people.
  • Options
    I text all the time. Probably about 100 texts a DAY and I don't write like that. I only abbrivate numbers and use & if i am running out of room. Oh yeah, and I am young (20) so it isn't like "I just don't get your generation".

I can't blame her for not lurking because this board is usually puppy dogs and rainbows. Future-mrs but be OOT this week or something. I am surprised this discussion hasn't been closed.

But really, don't tell people how their responses to you should be. You asked us, remember? And being NEW we decided to ask you to write like a big-person. Not an unreasonable request. Your attitude is not making you very many friends. You could have taken our criticism with grace and dignity, but you didnt'.

I also agree, not wanting to talk about it = you deserved it. Fix things with the sister, apologize to mom, and all will be better. Without further details, can't help you.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_plz-dnt-kno?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:0372870f-7ba9-4ce4-8e04-54fa353b754bPost:34c1b8f9-f179-4dc1-8297-ead01ddaac6f">Re: plz help dnt kno what to do</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok so may I should explain my 1st post 1ST=FIRST IDT= I DON'T THINK N2= IN TO PLZ=PLEASE Again ladies there's no need to be rude. We all text and everything I stated in my original post ALL of you wre very capable of reading. Now as far as details, I feel there is no reason to go in to details about the situation. All I asked you ladies was what would you do if the relationship between you and his mother changed due to someone else. If you have no POSITIVE response again I ask that you don't comment. Thnx=THANKS
    Posted by msmarci14[/QUOTE]

Okay.  Women on these boards hold MDs, PhDs, JDs and many more degrees.  None of us communicate like this.  If you are really as educated as you claim to be, what exactly was so hard to understand about Stagemaster's post with the following:

<strong>The only thing we have to base our opinion of you on is a written medium.  I never understand why I'm supposed to automatically assume that everyone is a real-to-life full-growed-up adult with a high education level, who conducts themselves with proper etiquette and social graces, and just happens to choose THIS community to type like an illiterate 13 year old.

</strong>You are coming into an established online community.  That means that <em>you</em> adjust how <em>you</em> communicate.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    You can actually hear her stamping her foot in that last post, can't you?
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    I just have to throw this in,,,  Who still has so ancient a cell phone that it doesn't have auto correct or some program to that effect?  I really didn't think anybody still talked/ wrote like this. 

This is just like people who think that the way you dress isn't a representation of yourself. 

Welcome to the real world. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Love is friendship on fire!
    2012 Reading Challenge
    Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 52 books.
    hide
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_plz-dnt-kno?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:0372870f-7ba9-4ce4-8e04-54fa353b754bPost:12409986-7c6e-425d-b438-a6b4fd491325">Re: plz help dnt kno what to do</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always find that people who say "I am very educated" are really the least educated of all.
    Posted by naomikb[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards