Just Engaged and Proposals

It's official

Well it's official the ring is on my finger.. He asked me to be his wife down on knees and all.  Feb 15th @ 2am.. Where do I start now?  Kiss
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: It's official

• Congratulations!!!  Very exciting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • achiduckachiduck member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Congrats and welcome!

EDIT: Ditto Edie. Before you jump into planning take some time to enjoy your new engagement. When you're ready to start planning, pick a time of year you're interested in and then narrow it down to a month or two. Figure out your budget ($$ you can comfortably save each month x number of months before the wedding + any family contributions offered [ don't ask for money -it's incredibly rude] = your budget). Then sort out your guest list. Once you have those start calling venues you're interested in and make sure they can fit 100% of your guest list. Once you have your ceremony and reception venue(s) booked look for the marjor vendors - photographer, DJ, florist, etc. Your dress should be purchased around 8-12 months before the wedding.
    Anniversary
  • Thanks very much.... <3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_its-official-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:1afa0872-2347-425b-8996-2a2fd41f592bPost:9b570b4f-d623-4343-af5f-21c617f07f56">Re: It's official</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations!  PPs gave great advice.  I would add that you should hold off on asking anyone to be in your wedding party until you have a better feel for how big your wedding will be.  And even though we always think our relationships will never change, the boards are loaded with stories of brides who asked their wedding party too soon and now regret it because of changes in friendships.
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]

First.  Congratulations!  It's so exciting!

Second.  Listen to Edie and Achiduck and Lucy.  Give yourself a little bit to let the excitement and the newness wear off, and then start thinking about what you guys want for a wedding.  It may morph and change.  Lucy is so, so, so right about relationships changing.   Like my FI says, weddings make people weird. 

But congratulations!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Congratulations!
  • Thanks Guy's we are Thinking about the end of Sept or Oct.  We want a small venue with the guesy list no more then 30.  I guess I better go shopping for the dress..lol... I feel nervous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats! Enjoy being engaged. When you start planning I would nail down the budget and guest list first
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_its-official-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:1afa0872-2347-425b-8996-2a2fd41f592bPost:54aa1545-200d-4376-b4b8-541c72dcf2e5">It's official</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well it's official the ring is on my finger.. He asked me to be his wife down on knees and all.  <strong>Feb 15th @ 2am</strong>.. Where do I start now? 
    Posted by ginalei[/QUOTE]

What were you doing at am? lol I like proposal stories.

CONGRATS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards