Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Do you wear your ring around the clock?

Re: Do you wear your ring around the clock?

• Options
    I take it off to shower and exercise.  Shower because I have this face wash with micro beads and it gets alllll up in there... Exercise because, well, you shouldn't wear jewelry while lifting weights (which is one thing I love to do).
  • Options
    I only take mine off to shower or put on hand lotion.  I like wearing it all the time and it's pretty tough - fiance selected it with my career in mind (I am a horse professional - teach, ride, do barn chores etc).  A previous poster said she takes hers off to ride - I keep mine on b/c A) If I took it off when I'm around the horses I'd pretty much never be wearing it and B) I wear gloves to ride.  I have actually fallen since I got engaged and ring is still in good shape!  But I could see how you might not want to wear it if you didn't have gloves on.
  • Options
    Mine goes in its box when I'm sleeping (most the time, anyway), showering, cleaning with chemicals or cooking something messy. Other than that I wear it all the time.
    tiffandshel.tumblr.com
    www.tiffandshel.com/wedding

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • Options
    I only take mine off when I am making meatballs and during my monthlies when my hands are swollen--- My man got me a necklace for valentines day, so whenever I have to take my ring off it is around my neck :)
  • Options
    I bartend and very quickly realized I can't wear it while I work - I bang my hands around too much - I am also constantly washing them (I'm looking at getting a chain to wear it around my neck).  It's not really a problem since everyone in my bar knows my FH and love him.  Also I take it off to go for long runs because my hands swell up after an hour of running and it's uncomfortable.  I have a small hook in my bathroom that I put it on while I shower, clean or do dishes.  Other then that - it's on.  I love my ring!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    It never leaves my hand unless I shower, clean, or am doing something yucky.
  • Options
    I wear mine most of the time. I put it in jewlry cleaner while I'm in the shower, and then shine it up really good, but I usually sleep with it on. When I go to bed I turn the diamond inward so it's almost like holding it in my hand so it wont knock into things. I do take it off when I'm doing messy cooking, like with raw meat, and dough and stuff.
    Other than that, it's on my finger!
  • Options

I keep mine on regardless of what I am doing.  My FH found some of the greatest gloves they are made out of nitrile, and my ring does not rip them at all.  As well as they are actually rated to be able to work on cars and stuff so I can use chemicals and not have any worries (if I used harsh chemicals).  The box says Blue Nitrile Gloves, if anyone wants to take a look for them!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Like some pps, I only take mine off to put lotion on. It was meant to symbolize a commitment I've made, which is something I can't take off, so I feel like the symbol shouldn't come off ever either. Sure, I'm clumsy, so it gets kinda banged up, but I get it cleaned every couple months and they make it look brand new again. I'm not too concerned about it. I wear gloves to do heavy cleaning and when I'm riding horses (as was also mentioned by pps), so I'm not worried about harsh chemicals, and my ring isn't loose enough to just fly off for some crazy reason! I love my fiance, I adore my ring, and I don't like to have either of them out of my sight! Laughing
  • Options
    The only time I ever take mine off is if I am doing something messy with my hands or if I am cleaning my ring
    Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I work with dogs, so I take it off (almost lost it once down the gullet of a Lab!).  I also take it off when I'm sleeping, after scratching myself in my sleep.  Other than that, it's on my hand.
  • Options
    I take it off for sleeping, showering, the gym and washing dishes. However, I'm paranoid about misplacing it(b/c I would do something like that!), so the weekend after I got engaged I went online and found a cute silver heart ring holder. I have one by the sink for when I'm washing dishes, and another in the bedroom to keep it safe when I'm sleeping or showering. I keep the ring box in the car so I'll always have it w/ me to keep it safe when I go to the gym since I do weight lifting at least 3x at week and I want to keep it safe. Smile
  • Options

I have a very very bad habit of twirling my ring around my finger and playing with it all day.

At home, it is never one except when I go to sleep. If I go out or am at work, I have it on.

• Options
    I work at a jewelry store. your ring should be the first thing you take off. And the last thing you put on. Makeup and lotion gets in and around the stones and sometimes help secure them so they dont fall out, but when you clean your ring it can come loose. I wouldn't wear it swimming or showering (as it can fall off easy) I agree with the post before you shouldnt wear it cooking, excerising etc.
  • Options
    I wear mine around the clock! I am so in love with it. The ring has been passed down since 1888 and I have no intention of breaking the tradition of wearing it endlessly! I think one should wear their ring like they wear their commitment - constantly, visibly, and beautifully, through the easy and hard, the dirty & pretty of all of lifes adventures. :)
    the lovebirds!
  • Options
    i wear mine most of the time, except when i'm doing nasty stuff at work, cleaning with chemicals, cooking, sleeping, and showering. when its not on my finger its on my glasses since i wear them every day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    All day everyday. It never leave my finger unless I wash my hands and am drying them off and it's wet underneath.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 262 Invited image 38 Attending image 5 Declined image 219 Unknown
    RSVP Date August 1st
  • Options
    I take mine off to do messy stuff & when I shower or do dishes.  I'm not worried about the diamond as much as I'm worried the gold will ding & change the shape of the ring.  I remove it when I shower to keep it from eating my hair.  I have a ladies crystal ashtray in the bathroom that holds my ring & earrings & any other jewelry I happen to have on at the time.  I have a smaller 1960s ashtray in the kitchen to hold my jewelry in there.  I don't smoke, but some older ashtrays are cool looking.
  • Options
    I don't take mine off... ever. I'm more afraid of losing it if it comes off than it getting a little dirty. My mom only took hers off once (she and my dad have been married for 36 years) when she had an alergic reaction to something and it had to be cut off by the fire department. Three days later it was fully repaired and back on her finger. I just think it's really sweet and my FI loves that I always have it on. It means a lot to him.
  • Options
    i wear mine all the time except during my practicals at school im going for phlebotomy so i have to wear gloves and the ring tears them which is bad when working with blood... other then that it never leave my finger
  • Options
    I used to wear it all the time, but now I just became a massage therapist.  The diamond could scratch people, so I take it off for massages.
  • Options
    I remove my ring whenever I shower, cook, clean, or apply lotion to my hands; other than that, it is on.
    I have no problem with taking off my engagement ring for legitimate reasons, but once I get the wedding band, I'm never taking that off unless there is an emergency. After all, the biggest problem with wearing a ring while doing all of the above activities is fear of losing the diamond or getting lotion or food stuck in the prongs.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options

I always, always take off any jewelry when I get home from work, errands, etc. I will always wear it when I leave the house or if we have company coming over!!!

I love my engagement ring very much and my future wedding band as well. I always want to care and protect my rings to the best of my ability. Like most of us!!

The future Mrs. Schaefer

Less than five months to go!! JULY 31ST, 2010

• Options
    I actually only wear mine on my day off. 1. my ring belonged to my great grandmother so it's antique and i'm scared something will happen to it and 2. i'm a chef and can't wear my e-ring at work. i have a small low set diamond ring i wear everyday though. 
  • Options

I wear mine for everything but showering and sleeping because my ring has a warranty on it for lifetime that if ANYTHING ever happens to the diamond it gets replaced for free :)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_wear-ring-around-clock?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:7c74f353-82a7-41a2-a714-7fc28c431a41Post:ed4b7b78-3b9b-40f6-abd7-74abfdd1f0a2">Re: Do you wear your ring around the clock?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I take it off to shower because soap and shampoo leave a film on the diamond. I also take it off if I'm doing something where my hands are really dirty (making burgers, gardening) and I feel like I'm going to get gross stuff in the little nooks and crannies, and I'd take it off if I were using harsh chemicals. But swimming, exercising, sleeping...it's on.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

This exactly!  The thought of raw hamburger chunks getting in my ring is not pleasant. 
  • Options
    my e-ring has a lot of small diamonds that I dont want ot damge, so I take the ring off when Im going to bed, or showering. I love to wear it in puplic! :) But once I get my wedding band I prob wont ever take that off.
  • Options
    no way... take it off for showering, cleaning, exercising, sleeping.  I still have not put it on yet today (still in my jammies....) 
  • Options
    The only time I ever take mine off is to clean it.. I redid my entire house and even painted with it on... I never take it off.. not to sleep, not to cook, not to swim, not for anything (except the goldsmith).
  • Options
    Now I only take my ring off when I get in the shower, but when I first got engaged I worked at a day camp and I had to clean it almost every single night so needless to say I eventually decided there are times to just go ahead and take off the ring...it's not going to get lost in a matter of secondsTongue out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards