Just Engaged and Proposals

Do you wear your ring around the clock?

124»

Re: Do you wear your ring around the clock?

• I don't wear mine at work. I'm constantly taking off and putting off cut-proof gloves and I'm afraid I'll drop it in machine oil (ew). I've droppped my glasses (which I CANNOT see without) in the oil and I never take them off. I've also lost a watch there too. Too many chances. Todd and I work in the same place so everyone knows we are getting married. I also take mine off when I color my hair, and when I put my leave-in conditioner in. Also when I handle raw meat. Can you say salmonella?
  • When I first got it I only took it off to shower, but like a week later I woke up and it wasn't on my finger.  I freaked out, finally found it but from then on it goes safely in the jewelry box before bed and I put it back on after I get ready the next day.  One day my morning routine was disrupted and I forgot to put it on.  FI noticed and was not happy about it.  Sometimes I take it off to do dishes but I don't like to because I don't want to lose it.
  • I take mine off for handling raw meat, chemicals, showering, and usually when I run. I keep mine on for sleeping tho, I love waking up in the morning and feeling it there. 

I have a feeling in a year or two I'll just wear it all the time regardless, both my mom and my fiancee's mom wear theirs constantly, and my future mother in law is a farm-woman, always shoveling poop and stuffing chickens and such, so I think it'll be fine. I have insurance on it :) 
    Trust your heart, love knows the way. Pregnancy Ticker
  • I take it off when I sleep (unless I'm traveling, because then I don't want to misplace it), when I shower, cook, and and when I excercise (it gives me a blister otherwise). I leave it on when I'm around the house, or even when I'm painting.
  • i wear mine all day except showering and cleaning/doing dishes, and when we go skiing, because if for whatever reason i had to take my gloves off and the ring came off too, i'd never find it in the snow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my ring isan 8/8.5 mm silver/blue pearl. i wear it a lot but try to not sleep, exercise, clean, and shower in it. pearls are delicate and can shatter. i clean with viniger and like any acid it will dry and dull the pearl. i know that it will have to be replaced one day but i want the original to last as long as possiable i picked the oyster that provide me with my beauty at downtown disney with my FI than he had it set in a tiffany setting.
  • The only times I take off my ring are when Im in the shower, cleaning with bleach, or putting on hand lotion.
    "This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I take mine off only when I shower, cook or do dishes. I don't wait it falling down a drain! lol Other than that, it doesn't leave my finger :)
  • i only take mine off when i use hairspray... so in the mornings when i'm getting ready. I've had other diamonds like earrings, necklaces etc, that have gotten dull from the spray.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You should NEVER EVER EVER wear your ring/any jewelry in general while you're sleeping at night. I've seen far too many women come in that need their prongs fixed/missing diamonds replaced because they caught it on something in the middle of the night. Not to mention you look stupid with an imprint of your ring on your face in the morning :)
  • I take mine off for showering and when I wash my hands.I don't want it to get a film and look dull, but it is also a little loose and I'm afraid of it falling off when wet. I also take it off if i put on lotion, or cook where i need to mess with my hands a lot. But i always put it right back on when I'm done, and besides that it's always on, even when I sleep.
  • I hate taking off my ring, so I only take it off when putting on lotion of putting mousse in  my hair! My ring is a symbol of the commitment I have made to my FH and I think that taking it off is disrespectful. It is a blue topaz surrounded by diamonds and can't be cleaned with a typical jewelery cleaner, so every morning I clean it with a soft bristled toothbrush and foam hand soap! After four months it still shines like new!Laughing

• LOL Maybe I'm the only one but I constantly take it off.  I don't wear it when I'm sleeping, showering, cooking, washing dishes/cleaning.  I don't wear it when I wear any gloves for snow shoveling or other outdoor work.  Most weekends if I'm just doing stuff around the house I won't even bother putting it on.  Don't get me wrong I love my ring.  I just don't like it getting all gunked up. 
  • I take it off to shower, do dishes, clean, or when baking/cooking something messy. I'm especially sure to take it off while I'm doing dishes because I'm paranoid I'll lose it down the garbage disposal, it's not likely but I'm pretty clumsy so you never know! haha
  • i wear my ring..all day everyday!! i only take it off to shower and cook. I feel naked without it!!!

• Originally, I wore my ring ALL the time.  Unfortunately, I regularly exercise and lift weights...the constant rubbing against the metal bar of the weights rubbed the white gold coating off in about 2 months. So now I don't wear it while cooking, cleaning, showering, or exercising. My fiance spent a lot of money on my ring and I want to keep it beautiful!
  • I don't wear it if I'm sleeping, showering, washing my face, swimming, or doing something really dirty (gardening, making meatloaf).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I take mine off when im washing dishes, cooking or cleaning up the house and haveto use chemicals. When i first got my ring it use to snag on the sheets and even scratch my face, but now its fine...But sad to say, sometimes i forget to put it back on until hours later
  • I do boxing/kickboxing, so I def take mine off to exercise & also when I shower or put lotion on.
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_wear-ring-around-clock?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:7c74f353-82a7-41a2-a714-7fc28c431a41Post:25a8801d-4ec5-4b81-9a48-785a85b50d9a">Re: Do you wear your ring around the clock?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wear mine all the time except when I do dishes or shower.  I even sleep in it.  Last night I took it off to shower and forgot to put it back on when I got in bed.  My FI grabbed my hand and got a little upset that it wasnt on my finger.  :)   He wants me to wear it all the time, he's such a girl, LOL.
    Posted by blueydbabi[/QUOTE]

lol my FI is the same way. if he sees it not on my hand hes like teases me like, oh so why arent you wearing it today? are we not engaged today?? :) i think its cute. But i lose everything. even myself. so i rarely take it off. so when i do its like a big deal i guess. its tragic!
  • I always wear mine when I leave the house-I do not sleep/shower/clean/cook with it. 
  • I take mine off when I'm doing something messy, working with chemicals, working out, showering, or getting ready in the morning or getting ready for bed.  Sometimes I sleep in it and sometimes I don't.  I don't always have it on if I'm at home or if I'm just running quick errands, but otherwise I have it when I'm in public.  It was pretty expensive, so I want to take care of it.  However, I have two other rings that I wear all the time and I plan to do the same with my wedding band.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My ring is still on order (4 more weeks!) but I plan on wearing it all day, everyday. My mom only took her ring off on 2 occations: 1) When she was going to do some gardening, took it off put it away didn't find it for 10 years when they were moving 2) When she was making hamburgers and took it off, it went flying! My parents took apart the whole kitchen and draining pipe and never found it even when the moved. So, I'm too afraid I will loose it, I'm not my mom but I've seen it happen. My FI would be much more understanding and willing to fix/replace my ring because I wore it all the time and it was messed up vs. if I lost the ring because I took it off. But thats just me :-) we are all different.

• I waited almost 32 years for this sucker.  She is NEVER coming off!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards