Ohio-Northeast

Djs

Hey. Thanks everyone for all the awesome suggestions there are so helpful so here is another one:) I need a suggestion for a great DJ someone who keeps the floor busy. I have called Midnight Music and Big Ear who was suggested, Anyone have and experience with them:) Thanks!

Re: Djs

• edited December 2011
    I haven't had any experience w/ the ones you mentioned but we are going with the DJ Crew! John (one of the owners) is awesome!! Let him know that Jen M & Mike H, our wedding date is 7/24/2010, sent you! If you end up going w/ them, we both save money! Good Luck!!! www.thedjcrew.com
    IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • stacyk556789stacyk556789 member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    The reception Hall I am getting married at suggested the DJ crew. I will check them out and let you know.. How much of a discount to we get?
  • l337Jacquil337Jacqui member
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    $50, for each person. we're also using the dj crew because they get rave reviews on here :) info in my bio! good luck!
    jacqui + erik 7.10.10
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    **Planning Bio**

• KT82KT82 member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    we're using TKO entertainment, check them out!
  • stacyk556789stacyk556789 member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    May I ask how much they were for the reception?
  • edited December 2011
    $50, for each person. we're also using the dj crew because they get rave reviews on here :) info in my bio! I put you as my referral! =)
  • edited December 2011
    We used Troy Entertainment and they were fantastic!  Lee was our DJ and he did a great job.  I never left the dance floor!  Troy is similar to TKO (they have lighting and props if you want them.... we let them bring out a few simple things like streamers and such towards the end of the night but weren't big on a ton of props), but Troy is significantly less expensive.  I think we paid just under $1000 if that helps.  There was a DJ and an assistant and they have a great online planning tool that lets you search their data base for songs to add to your must play/do not play list.  TKO actually recommends Troy if price is your issue with them. HTH!
  • Mary11Mary11 member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    We are using the Dj Crew as well. We met with Kevin from Midnight Music and I REALLY liked him and the price was a bit lower than DJ Crew, but DJ Crew seemed to fit with us better. But I was at a wedding where Midnight Music was the DJ and they played GREAT music. Plus, DJ crew does have the referral program so you have the potential to save some money.
  • klockercklockerc member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    We used Geoff from Hats Off Entertainment and he was fantastic. Had the dance floor packed all night and he was just named #1 DJ on the Fox 8 Hotlist for the Akron/Canton area.
  • starshine985starshine985 member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of Midnight Music, but I've heard good things about Big Ear.  I was actually considering them for my own wedding, but went in another direction simply for convenience.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • RebeccaaaRebeccaaa member
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I used Midnight Music they did fine. The dance floor was busy throughout the night, and if a song didn't work well with the crowd he changed to the next. We sometimes found the DJ missing and he stayed into dinner music a bit to long.... Also on my itinerary that i signed with them, we wanted an anniversary dance, which was never done, No one noticed but my husband and I.
  • cara0610cara0610 member
    Sixth Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using the Marino Brothers--they have been in business forever, and I haven't heard a single bad thing about them! Our reception place mentioned them saying that they bring the same sort of energy to the reception as a band would. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We are going with Beach Boyz in Cuyahoga Falls.  They were actually expensive but I found out that they were offering a deal at a hall and asked if they would honor it at our hall.  They agreed and then took off another 100 for our wedding being a Friday.  It'll be around 700 in the end.  I've been to a lot of weddings that they did and they are amazing. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards