Ohio-Northeast
Options

Djs

Hey. Thanks everyone for all the awesome suggestions there are so helpful so here is another one:) I need a suggestion for a great DJ someone who keeps the floor busy. I have called Midnight Music and Big Ear who was suggested, Anyone have and experience with them:) Thanks!

Re: Djs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't had any experience w/ the ones you mentioned but we are going with the DJ Crew! John (one of the owners) is awesome!! Let him know that Jen M & Mike H, our wedding date is 7/24/2010, sent you! If you end up going w/ them, we both save money! Good Luck!!! www.thedjcrew.com
    IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    stacyk556789stacyk556789 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The reception Hall I am getting married at suggested the DJ crew. I will check them out and let you know.. How much of a discount to we get?
  • Options
    l337Jacquil337Jacqui member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $50, for each person. we're also using the dj crew because they get rave reviews on here :) info in my bio! good luck!
    jacqui + erik 7.10.10
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    **Planning Bio**

• Options
    KT82KT82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're using TKO entertainment, check them out!
  • Options
    stacyk556789stacyk556789 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    May I ask how much they were for the reception?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $50, for each person. we're also using the dj crew because they get rave reviews on here :) info in my bio! I put you as my referral! =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Troy Entertainment and they were fantastic!  Lee was our DJ and he did a great job.  I never left the dance floor!  Troy is similar to TKO (they have lighting and props if you want them.... we let them bring out a few simple things like streamers and such towards the end of the night but weren't big on a ton of props), but Troy is significantly less expensive.  I think we paid just under $1000 if that helps.  There was a DJ and an assistant and they have a great online planning tool that lets you search their data base for songs to add to your must play/do not play list.  TKO actually recommends Troy if price is your issue with them. HTH!
  • Options
    Mary11Mary11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using the Dj Crew as well. We met with Kevin from Midnight Music and I REALLY liked him and the price was a bit lower than DJ Crew, but DJ Crew seemed to fit with us better. But I was at a wedding where Midnight Music was the DJ and they played GREAT music. Plus, DJ crew does have the referral program so you have the potential to save some money.
  • Options
    klockercklockerc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Geoff from Hats Off Entertainment and he was fantastic. Had the dance floor packed all night and he was just named #1 DJ on the Fox 8 Hotlist for the Akron/Canton area.
  • Options
    starshine985starshine985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of Midnight Music, but I've heard good things about Big Ear.  I was actually considering them for my own wedding, but went in another direction simply for convenience.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    RebeccaaaRebeccaaa member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Midnight Music they did fine. The dance floor was busy throughout the night, and if a song didn't work well with the crowd he changed to the next. We sometimes found the DJ missing and he stayed into dinner music a bit to long.... Also on my itinerary that i signed with them, we wanted an anniversary dance, which was never done, No one noticed but my husband and I.
  • Options
    cara0610cara0610 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using the Marino Brothers--they have been in business forever, and I haven't heard a single bad thing about them! Our reception place mentioned them saying that they bring the same sort of energy to the reception as a band would. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Beach Boyz in Cuyahoga Falls.  They were actually expensive but I found out that they were offering a deal at a hall and asked if they would honor it at our hall.  They agreed and then took off another 100 for our wedding being a Friday.  It'll be around 700 in the end.  I've been to a lot of weddings that they did and they are amazing. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards