Students
Options

Vent about group projects

Ok so I majorly hate group projects in college - it seems like I am always stuck with the people who slack off. Its even worse if the class is completely online as my summer classes are.

So in my Natural Hazards class, we have four group projects to do and the due dates were posted the first day of class. So far one group member has been a total no-show so I've just gotten to the point where I email him as a formality. The other group member is really getting on my nerves though. 

For the first project, she did the wrong report. We were supposed to do one on earthquakes - she did the one on volcanos. Nevermind that our unit at that time was on earthquakes... I guess she just didn't make the connection. Since I had posted my report on our group's discussion board, she told me that she thought my answers looked right and to submit mine. The teacher told me I had to take her word that she actually looked at the numbers and did the work so she got the credit for my work.

Well the volcano report was the second second report we were supposed to do. I did my own report and then looked at hers to compare. I ended up submitting my report as hers was so full of spelling errors and half-finished sentences that it barely made any sense and it gave me too much of a headache to try and correct.

Now we get to the third report, which was due today. I hadn't heard from either group member so yesterday at 8:30pm, I sent them an email stating that if I didn't hear from them by 11am today, I would submit my report with a note about their lack of participation. I also made it clear that I would not have access to the internet between 11am and almost midnight (report was due at 11pm). So 11am rolls around - nothing. So I submit my report. At 7:30pm the chick sends me an email stating "As I have not also heard from you. I have been on vacation & did my report so I will be turning in my own seperately then."

I'm going to love to see what the professor does with this. She never made any attempt to contact me about being on vacation. I however have the time and date stamped email that I sent her. Technically there is only one report that should be sent in per group. I'm just not sure if she's going to whine becasue I sent the report in 12 hours early.

*sigh* I wonder if the professor will let me just do my own report for the last one. I am so sick of dealing with group projects.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards