Students

marrying young - marriage/divorce statistics

I know that this has been a huge debate on here, so I just wanted to post an article that was just posted on the Time magazine website:

The article states that while many marriage statistics are unclear, "What seems most clear is that less-educated, lower-income couples split up more often than college grads and may be doing so in higher numbers than before."

Does this translate into younger couples have higher divorce rates?  Not necessarily.  But I think that in many cases, it does.  Just something to think about.

Re: marrying young - marriage/divorce statistics

• Hey I have a little advice, even if you and your romantic interest are not the religious types.. having a pastor/priest/etc do some marriage counseling before the wedding as always a good idea. They will provide a neutral point of view and help you guys focus on important issues that may never otherwise surface. I fully recommend it for everyone and will definitely be doing some with my fiance before the big day.
  • I am actually running a blog right now on this exact subject. I am a young bride but I don't think age should be THE factor in determining the longevity of a marriage. Still, I feel like I need to defend myself against this cultural belief that young marriages are doomed from the start.

Please check out my blog and some of the ideas I'm kicking around:

http://marryingbefore25.blogspot.com/
    Photobucket

Anniversary

Buying A Home
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards