Students
Options

Question (I also asked on Chit Chat, just wanna know what y'all ladies think) (kinda long)

I don't know how many of you are History majors out there, but I am. I know in order to teach college courses, you need at LEAST a masters degree. I've always wanted to teach (and in Texas, if you want to be a high school History teacher, you better be a coach cause thats the only way you'll get the job). I know I picked the worst area of study for the economy, but when I started out I didnt even think of that... I love History. I've always loved History (I Have my background to thank for that-- German, English, and Polish heritage). I was wondering if you ladies think it would be beneficial for me to get my masters degree? I'll be the first in my family (out of mother, father, brother, aunt, cousins, aunts and uncles) to get my Bachelors degree so its something big for me. Also, I looked online and per semester, I can expect to pay about $4k, which my FI thinks we can do. I know a lot of places love it if you have a masters degree or even if you have somewhat experience in graduate level classes. My FI is 100% behind me on anything I decide to do concerning college. I just want to know if you guys found it beneficial to get a graduate degree (if you have one).

Oh, and a side plus of continuing my education... I'll get to keep my current student job with the Air Force, which will provide an income for me and FI on top of his, and gives me civil service experience and I have a VERY flexible work schedule, but thats not the sole reason I want to go to graduate school obviously!

PS. Im not 100% set on being a professor, its one of my options. One thing I'd love to do is write (fiction though..but Historical fiction...If you want PM me and I'll explain an idea I have), or anything that has to do with research and analysis (i LOVE these two fields haha).

I appreciate all feed back :]
I love my Mechanic
Photobucket
My First Siggy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards