California-Inland Empire
Options

Greedy?

DW and I are talking about having an actual wedding once Prop 8 is overturned (however long that may take), is that greedy of us since we already had a reception for our domestic partnership?We want to have a real wedding when we can legally get married, it just seems right to do it that way.

Re: Greedy?

• Options
    SandraRay2008SandraRay2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you worried about feeling greedy maybe put no gifts or cards on the invitation I dunno
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We don't care about cards and gifts, we just want to have an actual ceremony and reception.Our DP reception turned out well but it felt more like a party just to party rather than a celebration of us.  We want that somewhat formal wedding when we actually get legally married.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think that is greedy. Since you didnt legally have wedding, it isn't like you are saying I had a wedding and I didn't like it so I am having another one. You never techincally had one.
  • Options
    sdkissezsdkissez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think anyone who knows you will know how important this is to you.  It won't seem selfish to them and really, it comes down to the two of you and being able to legalize your partnership. That's a huge step.  I say go for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards