California-Inland Empire
Options

Skin Product Suggestions

So I have super oily skin... if you've seen my b'pics you'd know, and I break out a lot especially during my . and with stress.  My normal skin regimen with Dermalogica just isn't enough right now, when I went to my last facial they suggested a face wash for oily skin.  And I haven't really found anything that works...  What do ya'll use?

Re: Skin Product Suggestions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i have the exact same problem. i loved dermalogica and bought all the products when i realized it was working, then one day it completely stopped working. i swore i would never use proactiv, but i was getting desperate with the wedding coming up and it has worked perfectly. i think i might ween myself off of it now, but it has worked great for me.. no pimples at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE Murad products. They can run a bit pricy though.A more budget friendly product is the Cetaphil line for oily skin. I have used the face wash and really liked it. They carry it at Walmart and Target and I think it's under $10.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've tried proactiv and it didn't work for me.  I've used there hire end product from Rodan & Fields and that worked wonders, my budget is just tight right now, especially with my hours being cut at work... I'll look into the Cetaphil products Amber... Do they have a moisterizer too?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think they have an oil free one but I have not personally tried it. Could be worth a shot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks I'll check it out! Thanks for the suggestion. Now Ima runaway and not come back!! hehe j/k ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    During my senior year I got oily skin and started breaking out really bad. I tried so many different things, and I found the although kinda pricey clinque worked really well. It lasted a couple months too, so I only had to get it every 3 or so months. I went and they had me fill out questions about my skin and then told me a couple different products. I face wash, make up remover, toner and lotion. They worked WONDERS.Also, if nothing really works, talk to you gyno. My sister turned out to have an hormonal inbalance and an excess of bacteria. She stuggled with it for years and would break out really bad, they gave her some pills to take for a month and a wash, and he skin is flawless now, even around that time of the month.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have SUPER dry skin. So I'm of no help with the oily department. However, I use Lancome. It is one of the only brands that acutally moisterizes my skin without making me break out. They have a few different lines and I'm sure they have a good one for oily skin. They aren't too expensive either. My face wash is only like $24 and that will last me a good 6 or 7 months and I wash my face every day. The toner is around the same price. The moisterizer is a bit more. It might just be the one I use though because it has firming and anti aging stuff in it too.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! It's so discouraging sometimes... :(  On my wedding day I'll be all dressed up and pimples all over my face... Ima look like a teenager getting married.  I'm gonna shop around some more and compare.  Maybe I could get some samples or something.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, the best thing for my skin is tanning. When I'm tanning my skin glows and I very very very rarely break out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards