40-Plus Brides
Options

NWR - Mortgages, Ex spouses, Foreclosure, etc

First off...I am asking for no judgment.  My ex and I bought a house in 1993.  I got the house in the divorce and was to refinance and take his name off the mortgage.  I had the process almost done and then bammmm lost my job - company downsizing.  I went on unemployment for 9 months and finally found a new job, but the pay is about 1/2 of what I was making previously.  I have had my house for sale since last October - no bites, and now I am 3 months behind on payments.  I moved in with FI last September when he bought a house.  I am going to let the house be foreclosed, as there is no way we can continue to pay for both and the house has issues (had issues before ex moved out).  I just want it gone.  FI and I are having a pre-nup so that his house is his house, and I have no legal interest in it.  I am terribly stressed and cannot eat.  I have to deal with the ex and tell him I am letting it foreclose, and he will understandably be very mad.  He is so mean and nasty to me on any given day, forget having this added in to it.  We have 2 sons - 15 & 17.  Scared to death FI will get sick of ex's crap (possible lawsuits etc) that he will leave me.  Ex runs me in the ground to the boys already, and scared of what they are going to think of me.  I'm a mess.  I'm embarassed and haven't talked to any friends IRL because I hate the stigma of financial issues.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards