40-Plus Brides

New here

Ok, I am actually 39, but will be 40 in March.  My sweetie is 40...only four months older than me.  I hope it's okay I popped in here.  We have both been married before and I have four teenagers who will be included in our small (50ppl or less) wedding.  I never had the "white dress" experience so that is what I am aiming for.  We live in West Tx.  Our date is July 7, 2012. 

Anyway, just wanted to say HI!!

Re: New here

• Hi again,  I said hi to you on another board as well.
    I hope you find the ladies here on the Knot as friendly and helpful as I have!
    Wow, 4 teenagers!  How old are they?  My youngest is the only 1 left at home and he is 18.  I am almost an empty nester!
    imageAnniversary
  • Thanks for saying hi again. Today my twins are 17yrs old, my daughter will be 16yrs old next Wed. the 4th. My youngest is 14yrs old. They are amazing teens. We will actually have my 14yr old officiant our ceremony.
  • Wow, you must have been busy when they were small.  My daughter has a 5 year old and almost 3 year old twins.
    That is cool that you 14 year old will be the officiate.  I didn't realize that someone that age could be.  It should make the ceremony very special.
    imageAnniversary
  • cshulercshuler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!  I agree, I would double check the legality of a minor officiating a wedding.
    Anniversary
  • well the legal part will be a JP signing off on it.  But for the actual ceremony will be my 14yr old.  We want to have a very guest inclusive and having my 14yr old "MC" the ceremony works best for us.
  • Yum!  Can't wait, 40 days till cake!
    imageAnniversary
  • Not sure about our cake yet. I know I want something simple. I am considering having several small cakes in different flavors. I need to visit some bakeries in our area and see what they have to offer. The worst choice so far for me is the cake topper....ugh!!
  • Welcome and congratulations.   I am not having a cake topper for my cake--just fresh flowers.  He gets the cake topper for his cake.  It is a dyecast replica of his motorcycle.  Something we did in fun for our engagement photos that kind of produced a theme---

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards