Florida-North Florida
Options

Palm Coast vs. St. Augustine

Hi there.  I posted on here once before when my friend was wondering about venues, shes narrowed it down to these 4, can you guys give me any feedback to pass along?  I really appreciate it. Thanks so much. 1. Hammock Dunes - Palm Coast2. Hammock Beach - Palm Coast3. Casa Monica - St. Augustine4. White Room - St. Augustine
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Palm Coast vs. St. Augustine

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hammock dunes is beautiful and very cost effective in my opinion i thought it was really cheap for food and everything. the view is out of this world but its not like an enclosed room and members can still come and i feel like that would be a distraction because there is just those two glass things that seperate it from the entrance so its not really private.i like the white room the pros for it are the roof top deck, blank slate to decorate and a beautiful bar, i heard the food is really great, the cons are parking, entrance is not appealing, hard to find for guests. the Cons out weighed the pros for me.
  • Options
    clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto everything that J&K said. Another thing to consider is her guests. This might not matter to her...but what really turned me against Hammock Dunes (it was our front runner) is that there is literally nothing in Palm Coast. I have a lot of out of towners and I felt bad having them come to a city where there was nothing to do. It actually winded up working out great b/c I then found the museum where I'm getting married and I'm infatuated with it! ;) Best of luck to your friend though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just had my wedding at Hammock Dunes and it was wonderful. Planning from far away, I had some reservations about how it may turn out, but in the end, everything was amazing. We really didn't even need the DOC we hired. I was a little curious about the open glass inside as mnetioned above, but there were no members walking around or distruption from outsiders. It was very private and they were attentive to every detail.Although as pp said above there is not a lot IN Palm Coast, but it is not far to Flagler Beach or St. Augustine, and many guests wound up hanging at the hotel pool or going to the PC beaches which are very uncrowded. The few that ventured out to St. Augustine, did that for an afternoon, so it's not like they had to be right there the whole time. My main concern with St. A was parking and people having to struggle to find spots or pay fees.From what I have heard, Hammock Beach does a great job too, and we used one of their hotels, but they are considerably pricier, and I was not thrilled with the first impression attitude, so I moved on.
  • Options
    jlr557jlr557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you guys so much!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married right in the heart of historic St. Aug, and parking wasn't really an issue. It doesn't cost anything after 5pm on the weekends (and actually, some lots like the one behind the Lightner are free all day). None of our guests had a problem with it. If money was no object, we probably would have had our wedding at the Casa Monica but chose the Gov't House instead which is right next door.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ashley do tell us about this free lot behind the lightner museum?  Is it hidden or something?  I have never seen it.  Jackie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Photobucket
    My Start to a Planning Bio
    213 Invited 145 yes and 68 no RSVP Date April 15
  • Options
    clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The White Room should be able to tell you. They told me about it when I talked to them. It's a nice idea...I just assumed it would be too full for all of the guests. Some might get some spots there though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    spears-I guess you can say it's kind of hidden lol.  I never knew about it either until an ex-knottie mentioned it on here a long time ago.  It's located between Bridge, Granada, and Cordova Streets.  The lot is actually split up between metered parking and regular parking.  I believe the regular side is used by Flagler College faculty during weekdays but on the weekends it's free :).  I'm surprised how few people actually know about that.  But yeah, that's where many of our guests parked.  As always, pay attention to the signs just as a precaution (there should be a small sign near the lot saying when it's free to park there).
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, we did only have around 50 guests to worry about, but DH and I went down to St. Augustine many times to meet with vendors (on weekends) and never had an issue parking in that lot.  There were usually quite a few spaces available and even if it looks full, usually if you sit there for a few seconds, a spot becomes available :).  That's where we always park b/c we refuse to pay for the garage lol.
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been parking in one of the metered spots right around there. Next time I'm down there I'm scouting it out. THANK YOU THANK YOU!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Photobucket
    My Start to a Planning Bio
    213 Invited 145 yes and 68 no RSVP Date April 15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards