Florida-North Florida

Please Help!

Has anyone had their wedding at Bentley's on the Bay? My FI and I flew down their last week and it was gorgeous - however, after receiving the contract, there were so many hidden costs that we were hesitant to sign. Now, I feel like I'm starting from scratch. The reviews were all fantastic, but I feel blindsided. I'm scared to move forward, in fear of blowing our budget out of the water. We are only having 50 people, and would like to have an outdoor ceremony and reception - we want to keep it different, not your typical cookie cutter banquet hall, we thought that we found it with BOTB....Any advice or suggestion on new venues would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Re: Please Help!

• My wedding is at Bentley’s in June. I booked them based on all the high recommendations and ratings I found online. I was also surprised by a couple of what I called sneak in costs but I asked to them prior to signing the contract to explain EVERY charge. Which they did and did offer a little discount on the rental costs. I also sent the caterer a pointed email asking for all charges and to clarify others and she did. Her food is fantastic. I would suggest working out your budget and see how it fits in. I explained to them my budget was in concrete and if they didn’t fit into it I would have to go elsewhere. I did a cost benefit analysis and Bentleys was the best for my money.  For example catering plates start at 25 and you can bring your own alcohol, which was a huge plus but you have to pay a bar set up fee that includes a bartender. You can bring your own linens or use theirs.  

We wanted water front but down here there are very few private water front places and I did not want some teenager in the back of my pictures in a bikini! So if you’re nervous I would also suggest looking at the Destin Bay house. It was too small for mine but it is beautiful   http://www.destinbayhouse.com/weddings/

• Thank You! We had them outline all the costs and they did as well - I'm assuming if it is not in the contract, they can't charge us for it. We also wanted a waterfront ceremony, but didn't want the risk of random people in our ceremony. I just emailed the caterer last night and asked for a dummy contract, so we can review before we sign with BOTB. Our budget is conservative, so I don't want any more hidden surprises. Glad to know we aren't the only ones who have encountered this. Thanks again!
  • heathers312heathers312 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Do a tent wedding a lot of times it is cheaper than paying for a venue and having all those hidden costs. I've heard Nationwide Tents is a great place and the people that work there are very helpful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards