Florida-North Florida

Hair and Makeup - St. Augustine

I was just wondering what kind of experiences people have had for their hair and makeup in town or the area.  I am looking for someone who can make me and my bridesmaids beautiful for the day of but doesn't charge an arm and a leg.  I have checked out websites for Faythe, simply makeup artists, and Stephanie J Mazzeo, but I feel like there have to be more options out there as well.  Also anyone used any of the above and feel like leaving their review/maybe costs on here would be much appreciated.  I am planning on having all 5 of my bridesmaids plus my mom get her hair and makeup done on location, if that helps at all in giving comparative cost prices. 

Re: Hair and Makeup - St. Augustine

• edited December 2011
    I am using Stephanie J Mazzeo, she was recommended to me by my friend Erica who used her at her wedding this year. I contacted A Glamour Bride by Faythe but read some not so good reviews. I didn't contact Simply Makeup Artists because I really didn't want to deal with a team of makeup artists. I wanted to know that the brides I saw on the website were all made up by the same person. I feel the same way about photographers too. I hate when I don't know who is going to be the one assigned to my wedding.

Anyway, I was quoted $50 per person for airbrush makeup at my hotel in St Augustine by Stephanie which seemed very reasonable. She said there wasn't a travel fee charged which is great. I did book right away and did a trial because I know she gets booked up quickly and I am finding out that October weddings in Florida are really popular. I am planning on doing another trial again since I can't decide what look I want.
  • edited December 2011
    Same for me as Cassie1031!  We must know the same Erica!  I booked with Stephanie.  I contacted several people and she had good pricing and the review from a  friend made me feel confident.  I also read the same reviews about Faythe.  For hair I am going with Angela Byrd.  She works in a salon in St. Augustine but will come to you at your venue...   Hope this helps!
  • Hi there,

There are a few other great people in St. Augustine:

Jill Stonier with Ruthless Beauty
    Gemma B Makeup
    Graznya Mercado (Hair)

All three ladies will come on site and are awesome! I am in the wedding business and see many, many of our Brides and Bridal Parties hiring these ladies! Jobs well done!

Best of Luck!
  • Kimtasha Armstrong!
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards