Arizona-Phoenix

Need An Inexpensive Venue! Help!!!

Hi,

I'm getting married in December, we had previously had a venue picked out but my mom told me that their required caterers would be too much and we'd have to pay too much to do it.

So now I need help and ASAP.

We need a venue that will allow us to have our caterer of choice, or include their caterering in the price. FOR UNDER $1,000 for both the ceremony and reception.

Lately, we have been looking into vacation rental homes to rent for a day, and this option may work. But I need more ideas and places in case it does not!

While, I really love the option of doing it at a local park. That's what we had done before with the previous location, and I know that my mom will shy away from it.
She is the one paying for the wedding, so she gets quite a lot of say in it.

Please help! I haven't been able to find a single place that will accomodate just 30-40 people for a ceremony and reception. It's here in the valley in December, so weather isn't any concern.

HELP!!

Re: Need An Inexpensive Venue! Help!!!

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Do you want food for the 30-40 people included in the $1,000? Or just the rental fee for the location?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• jindustrialjindustrial member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just the cost of rental, so long as they let us pick the caterer, if not then yeah, I need it included which is probably impossible :(
  • edited December 2011
    The Hidden Palace had really inexpensive packages... It's in a kind of questionable area but inside is pretty and the people are super friendly!

http://www.thehiddenpalace.net/

• edited December 2011

My fiance and I are getting married at Shenandoah Mill in Gilbert, AZ next fall and they are fairly inexpensive.  They include everything in their package they will let you mix and match what you want, they will let you bring in an outside caterer or let you use one of theirs.  I recommend checking them out.

Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow. Hidden Palace is cheap! I just looked at their site, and that's a bargain for Phoenix. What's the catch?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_need-inexpensive-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:0a23fe6a-7fdb-41ba-b7b1-642e56a76843Post:a21cb0fd-9f78-4115-b421-5ad3d31b4e11">Re: Need An Inexpensive Venue! Help!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow. Hidden Palace is cheap! I just looked at their site, and that's a bargain for Phoenix. What's the catch?
    Posted by Louisa1000[/QUOTE]

That place actually isn't significantly cheaper than the venue we used - Seville Golf and Country Club in Gilbert...   and it was way better views/photo locations.

I'm guessing there's probably nothing pretty about the outside of it...  since there's no pictures of outside, and the only portraits are listed as being done at a nearby church.  Who knows though...
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• edited December 2011
    The Hidden Place is 5 minutes from me. It's a storefront building. You're just renting a hall, No coordination. You get what you pay for.
  • edited December 2011

I wouldn't recommend Shenandoah Mill, we setup a tour just last week, Patrick showed up in a nasty sweaty t-shirt and basketball shorts. He was not very friendly and they are not within your budget.
    We also looked at Seville it is very beautiful and somewhat budget friendly.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    have you checked out the natural history museum in mesa or mesa contemporary arts center?! i know both are under that price...good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    The Landmark Restaurant in Mesa on Main St and Extension Rd has no rental fee.

Their food is fantastic and they have a variety of options for reception and ceremony room sizes based on the size of your wedding, your budget, and what you want.

They are very nice people to work with. My family has gone there for years, since my parents had their reception at the Landmark, and my fiance and I decided to have our ceremony and reception at the Landmark.

They have good packages established that you can choose from, but you can also customize your wedding however you want. Whether you want to bring your own decor (they do provide decor) or change the menu or how the food is served, they will work with you to make you happy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Downtown Phoenix Venues - Monorchid.  It's in Downtown phoenix and isn't much to look at from the outside.  BUT the inside is very cool, intimate, and nice looking.  You do have to choose from a list of caterers, BUT one of them (we are using them for our wedding in November) is called Magic Touch Catering, they are very reasonably priced AND food is fantastic.  We are using another of their locations, Bentley Projects Gallery.  Let me know if you need more information.
    Being weird is an asset! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We had a similar problem.. So we decided to go to Sedona.. I am pretty sure its do able on your budget .. check out Talaquepaque they have a chapel and outdoor courtyards that are beautiful .. to rent the chapel/courtyards it was only $450. + $300 deposit. If you need caterers try Heartline Cafe .. We couldnt find anything down here for less than $10,000 including food for the same amount of people.. FRUSTRATING...
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance has put me on a strict budget because we are also in the process of buying a house, luckily my future grandmother in law hosts weddings at her b&b outside of the grand canyon so we are saving a TON of money on rental tables and such. We are also doing our own food. I looked around endlessly and finally found the multigenerational center at Red Mountain. It is a great location and has a GREAT price for do it yourself-ers like us! Just a heads up! :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards