Arizona-Phoenix

finger foods and desert table wedding

Just wanted your opinion, we wanted to do food but are on strict budget. So we thought of finger foods and desert table. What does everyone think? It's a small reception and I think it would be ok to do that. What everyone think?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: finger foods and desert table wedding

• pattib5pattib5 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I think that sounds lovely as long as you don't have your wedding around the lunch or dinner hour. If you have your wedding around those times, people will be hungry and will want to eat a full meal. So maybe start things around 2 or 3pm. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In contrast to PP, I think you would be okay doing this at anytime if you make it clear on your invite. Something like hors d'oeuvre reception to follow or cocktail reception to follow would make it clear that there won't be a full meal served. We went to a wedding last weekend that stated this on the invite, and the ceremony started at 5 pm. We just made sure to eat something before we left, and they actually had enough food that I think we ate just about a full meal anyway. As a guest, as long as I know I'm not being fed a full meal ahead of time, I don't mind. Beware, though, that if it is dinner time and you don't have a whole lot of food, some people may decide to leave early. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sounds good, as long as there is enough food to feed everyone. We are doing a similar thing so that people can eat whenever they are hungry during the reception and not just when dinner and dessert are scheduled for.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think PP's have good suggestions. It's great that you are including finger foods. I've been to a dessert only wedding and didn't enjoy it. Way too much sugar! I needed something salty to balance it out.
  • We might do this as well.  I agree with the sugar thing - we're having a candy table so if we do this, then we're going to have finger foods so it's not sugar/empty calorie overload because I'm sure there will be people who want substanance.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards