Arizona-Phoenix

No idea what to wear

We have our engagement photos this weekend and I seriously spent the entire night trying on a million different outfits from my closet. I was thinking about buying some stuff but I am so lost on what to wear. Our pictures are in railroad park and we are going to incorporate the carousel and my classic sports car in some shots. We want it to be really fun and casual but the pictures will also be used for save the dates, invites and visual elements in the reception so I want some that are a bit classier and more done up. I was thinking a pair of dark skinny jeans and a white wife beater (which I usually just wear as an under shirt) with white wedges, for one outfit and a skirt/shirt for another and maybe a dress, but I'm not really that downplayed in the way I dress usually and I don't want it to look funny.  A huge focus will definitely be the shoes because I am obsessed with shoes, but other than that I am at a loss for what to wear.Any suggestions on what to wear or how to at least decide on what to wear? - I feel like I am back in Jr High trying to decide what to wear on the first day of school! So embarrassing :(

Re: No idea what to wear

• edited December 2011
    I'm glad I'm not the only one stressing about this! We are doing our pictures next weekend at Tempe Town Lake. I'm planning on doing a more casual look and then a dressier one. For the casual one I'm wearing dark jeans, super cute black and ivory shoes and a houndstooth cardigan over a black tank top. For the dressier one I'm still debating on what to wear! I'll probably end up with this darker blue dress with a simple pattern on it, but I haven't decided yet. If I do end up wearing these outfits, I'm trying to figure out what my FI should wear. Oh, why is this such a big deal?? =) I have heard that you should wear darker colors though, because naturally your eye goes to the lightest part of the photo, and photographers say that should be your face, not your clothing. Also, nothing too billowy, as a friend of mine wore a trendy loose shirt for hers on a windy day, and most of her pictures looked like she was pregnant, so they had to do another set of engagement pics. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Yep, we were told darker colors as well - for the exact same reasons. Also, you and your FI should compliment each other - if you wear dark colors, so should he. You don't need to go all matchy-matchy, but keep it simple as far as any patterns go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards