Arizona-Phoenix

Looking for feedback on vendors

Hello, everyone!  My name is Rebekah and I've posted once or twice around theknot.com, but that's not really important.  My wedding is probably 85% planned, but we've only signed a contract with the caterer so far.  I was hoping someone on here might be able to offer me feedback about Nelsons Weddings (photography) and Graceful Cake Creations.  We have met with them and like them both, but my best friend just got married on the 7th and every single one of her vendors dropped the ball.  Please let me know if you have any reviews/feedback/other helpful info you can offer about these two vendors.  Thank  you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Looking for feedback on vendors

• edited December 2011
    My friend & Bridesmaid Carrie, used to work for Nelsons Wedding Photography. He did her wedding last year, as well her brother in-laws wedding a couple years back, & that's how she met him. Their pics turned out great & I was in Carrie's wedding so I can say from my POV he was easy to work with. GL & HTH :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info!  Was he able to build the pose?  I mean, did he tell people where to stand and where to look and where to hold their flowers, etc?  The photographer my best friend hired didn't do any of that, and a lot of her pictures were lousy as a result.

I don't want to give the wrong impression, my fiancé and I are both really excited to work with both Nelsons and Graceful Cakes, we're just cautious after seeing what happened at my friend's wedding.

Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    No problem! Yes he was, gave good direction from what I can recall. Although I can say I did feel like pics were rushed. I don't know if that was his fault though. She was on a very tight budget & could only afford him for X amount of time. Let me see if I can find the link to both of the girl's myspace pics so you can get a better feel...
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=49521384&albumId=2418293
    this is carrie's wedding, not all are pro but u can tell which aren't!
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=13701247&albumId=95887
    here are her bro-in laws wedding pics!
  • edited December 2011
    Those are lovely!  Thank you for sharing the links.  I think we made the right choice going with Nelsons.  :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yay I'm glad you liked them! Good luck w/the rest of your wedding planning! I am 22 days out, its crazy how fast time flies!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards