Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Safeway/Costco flowers

Has anyone used them for their flowers? I'm hoping to use either one, but am a little trigger shy about how to go about using them. Can anyone give me a starting point or advice?

Re: Safeway/Costco flowers

• Options
    lgoldberrylgoldberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are using Ajs florist to do our actual bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages, but are planning on going around to Costco and Safeway the day before our wedding to get additional flowers to do ourselves.  Or I should say to have my FMIL to use to decorate for us.  However, my FMIL is an interior designer and has done flowers for other weddings, so I trust her with this.  I think you would be okay using them as long as you have someone who really knows flowers to work with Safeway and Costco with you.  They could work with the florist at either shop to make sure you get exactly what you want.  It would a much cheapier way to go then using a seperate florist!  It is always nice to save money, but I would make sure you know you have someone in your life to help you make sure it turns out well. 

• Options
    kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used the bulk costco.com flowers - delivered to our home.  Their flowers were fresh, and all of them were used. Not one was broken or damaged, or old.  Some of the costco flowers / sam's club flowers if not bought at the right time, may appear a bit old!

I bought the carnations, gerbera daisies and calla lillies for centerpieces, and for the gazebo/mandap (indian culture, tradition, ceremony), and for blessings - over 1500+ flowers :)

My aunts and cousins put everything together for DIY!  We saved a bunch of money!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have had 3 friends use Safeway and they have all had great things to say about them.  I would have checked them out myself based on their recommendations except they would not deliver, and due to the small size of my bridal party, I needed someone who would deliver.

I know Nilla had a bad experience with Costco.  You may try paging back a few posts to May... she posted some threads on the issues she was having.

Here are some of the flower arrangements from the most recent wedding I went to.  All of these were done by Safeway.

Brides-

Bridesmaid-

Center Pieces-

11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I saw on Costco.com you can order a wedding collection, which includes boquets, bouts, centerpieces, etc. which are delivered to your house a day or two before the event.  The online reviews said they were great.  I am just starting the flower shopping process, so I am not sure how the price compares.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NickDanielleBNickDanielleB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls. I was looking at Costco yesterday and liked the bulk flowers.

Icarp - those look really pretty!

My problem right now is that I'm not really a fan of roses, so it's hard to find something that doesn't incorporate them at some point. But the assorted stuff I found on Costco had some that had no roses = yay!
  • Options
    jhricovecjhricovec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ask to get the card from the lady who supplies flowers to Costco. I didn't know they did that but a lady has a warehouse and you can request what you want.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards