Ohio-Northeast

Review: Lavender Bridal

I can't say enough about the ladies at Lavender Bridal! I give them an A++++!

I had one dress in my mind that I had seen at the booth they had at a bridal show. After trying on a few dresses like the one I saw, I realized that I didn't want to be like the women on tv who have their flab hanging on over their gowns, so they showed me a ver classic dress. We loved it!!!!!! And when I watched the Royal wedding, I realized the sleeves that were on my gown were now "in" and that I was ahead of the trend!

We also bought a veil and headband that matched the gown.

I had previously been to David's Bridal and ended up having my son help me into and out of the dresses because the "help" refused to help. The ladies t Lavender were there with me from when I walked in until I left.

Re: Review: Lavender Bridal

• edited December 2011
    I also bought my dress from Lavender Bridal. My experience with them was great too.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to the Lavender Bridal in Dover, Ohio.  There must be two because this was not the case with me.  We had an appointment and felt like we were unnivited guests.  This was not the bridal store experience I wanted for my daughter. There were four people working there and I think they were too busy for us.  There was at the most two customers at a time.  I'm not even sure what became of the woman who had been working with us as she disappeared before we left and we were sent to talk to another woman who was rude.  

We stopped at David's on the way home without an appointment.  We didn't mention being anywhere else and were treated like we were in a boutique.  Even though David's was very busy. While we were there we got suggestions of other dresses to try, veil tips, hair style ideas, we met with Pat the woman who does alterations and she came out and explained the alterations that would need to be done and showed us how the train would look bustled, and financing assisitance.  The person that helped us was wonderful helping with everything even changing in and out of gowns, she was so quick about helping but not too quick that we felt hurried. 
  • I went to Lavender Bridal in Dover, and although it was the first time I tried on dresses anywhere, I ended up buying my dress that day.  I had planned on going to Davids Bridal, but with the awesome help from Marcie at Lavender, I cancelled that appointment.  Right when I walked in, they were super friendly, and I handed Marcie my list of dresses that I saw through their website, and she told me that typically they have clients pick out anywhere from 15-20 dresses to try on.  I was able to walk around the store with my sister and look at the dresses (they had price tags) and Marcie met up with me to help me carry the dresses and try them on.  She never left my side once I started trying on the dresses, and gave her opinion only when I asked her for it.  She was very honest, and not pushy at all.  I had dresses that were up to $1500 in the room as well as $600 ones.  She never made me feel pressured to like the more expensive ones, and even told me that the $900 dress looked better than the $1500 dress --- never expected that!  The appointment was for 2 hours, but I was pushing 3 hours before I finished, and she never seemed put out by this.  She even helped me out by ordering a second floral strap that I could use to make a head-piece that would match the one-strapped dress I bought -- all at no charge because the designer was offering $125 towards an accessory (the strap was $90).  I had an amazing day, and everyone was super supportive and friendly.  A+++
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards