Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Hi...I am new here!

Hi!  I am new on here.  I got engaged in December and I am getting married on January 16th, 2011 in Scottsdale. 

I have a question about the DJ.  Our site works with Ray the DJ, and I have heard he is great (we haven't met with him yet though).  Ray's company has multiple DJs, and it costs more money to use him for the night instead of one of his other DJs.  I am trying to decide if it is worth spending the extra money, or if one of his other DJs would be fine.  Has anyone worked with this company before?  Can anyone recommend if we should go with him or save some money and use one of the other DJs?

Thank you for your help!   I am looking forward to sharing information and getting ideas from everyone on here! 

Lisa

Re: Hi...I am new here!

• Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome to the board!  It's so exciting that you already have your venue picked out!  That was sooo hard for me :)

I recently got married, and we used Ray the DJ's company.  I can't tell you how awesome they are.  We used Jeremy, and he was really great at playing music to get everyone dancing.  Our dance floor was packed all night long!  He practically coordinated our entire reception, and things went so smoothly with him in charge.  We love, love, loved him!

I have heard that Ray is an amazing DJ.  I'm not sure what the price difference is, because he was already booked for our event.  I would say go for him if dancing is a huge priority for your reception.  If you aren't really into dancing, then I would go with one of his other amazing DJ's.  I honestly have never heard anyone say they had a negative experience with the company.

Again welcome and congratulations!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  We used Ray the DJ too and our DJ was Ed Russell, who was awesome!  I have worked with this company on other events probably a good 100 times and have worked with almost all of his DJs and Ray himself.  Ray is amazing, but so are all of his DJs.  I wanted Ray but he was booked on our wedding day and knowing that all of his DJs are great I was not worried or upset at all that he could not do our wedding.  So while he is great and if the $ is there in your budget for him then go for it, but if you do not want to spend the extra $ you will still be in good hands.
  • Options
    arusso51arusso51 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!!!
    I have heard good things about Ray the DJ and all of the DJ's from there...

Congrats and welcome!!

Andrea
    ar121110
  • Options
    lgoldberrylgoldberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your advice and for the welcome!  It sounds like either Ray or one of the other Djs will work great. 

Lisa
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards