Ohio-Northeast

Making chair covers...

So I'm definately looking for ways to save. I don't want to deprive myself. There are some things that are important to me that I don't go so cheap about but I am looking into covering the chairs we are using at the ceremony. My ceremony will be at the reception site outside. Its a vfw hall.  I dont want a fancy pancy wedding but I also don't want it to be too casual. 

soooo... I see that chair covers are expensive so I thought about using plastic table covers somehow. My colors are silver, turquoise blue and white. so I was going to use silver round table covers over the chairs and tie a turqiouse sash and bow with tulle? what do u think?  I know my family won't care. But what do u think? any ideas?

Re: Making chair covers...

• edited December 2011
    im looking at using a design from

charmingbows.com 

and using grossamer fabric to cover our chairs. (its kinda like the material aisle runners are made of.) another knottie gave me this site for the fabric.  i dont know exactly how much of the fabric is needed per chair. but its 60 inches high, and that should be plenty for the length. (on actual chai to go frrom seat over back and down to seat at least.) then depending on the chair 2-4 foot wide (across the back) is needed. is averages between 0.80 cents- $1.60 per chair without bow covering "knot". i think there would be enough extra to make strips to hide the zip tie fastener, or even ribbon, tule, or anything else you can come up with. they are no sew and no iron too. i just dont know if it is sold at a fabric store or if only on line. 

i found chair back only covers for $1.05 ea from canton chair rental, but i think a sash or tie is still going to be needed. so it will still cost just under $2 per chair. my biggest concern in they only come in white or ivory so it limits options.  

what do u think?
  • edited December 2011
    That sound like a good idea. I saw the charming bow idea too. She had a video tutorial on it. But I couldn't find where to actually buy them? I think though I am just going to stick with the traditional sash and bow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards