Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Restaurant Recommendations (and bachelorette places too..)

Hello!

I'm visiting from the NJ wedding board to say hello and ask for help... In mid-May, my FI and I are coming to AZ for a pre-wedding vacation.  Then, he is leaving and heading to Vegas for his bachelor party, and my girl friends are meeting me in AZ.  We are staying in the timeshares at the JW Marriott/Desert Ridge. 

My FI is a foodie and we've heard Phoenix is known for its great restaurants.  Can anyone suggest a few good places to eat? 

Also, my friends and I are older (40) and, while we don't plan to be wild and crazy, we would like to go out and have some fun (I don't anticipate wearing a veil on my head but you never know!)  Any suggestions for a fun place to eat and grab some drinks is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks so much for your help!  The weather here has been so cold and we can't wait to visit!  Smile

Re: Restaurant Recommendations (and bachelorette places too..)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my shower at Kokopelli winery and bistro in Chandler, and it was a blast!  The food is awesome, they have a really great wine selection (obviously), and the staff was wonderful.   There's some pretty cool bar type places right around there too if you wanted to just do dinner/lunch at the bistro and then go to one of those for drinks, but you really wouldn't need to leave it.

There are a ton of great places, and I'm sure you'll get a great list here, but that's my top suggestion!
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Options
    GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That sounds wonderful! I lived in San Francisco for 5 years and the girls that are joining me are my best friends from there... and this sounds right up our alley. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sandbar is a laid back mexican cantina that's pretty fun. Thursdays are Ladies Days and all drinks and appetizers are half off all day. You can also get a private cabana and you just have to spend a certain amount on food and drinks. I haven't been to the one at Dessert Ridge, but the one in Chandler is a lot of fun and there are people of all ages.

http://www.sandbaraz.com/desertridge/desertridge-overview.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    IF you are staying in the timeshares in NE Phoenix then you arent going to want to drive to Chandler. Its too far. I also wouldnt recommend Sandbar for food but it is a lively atmosphere. If you are looking for great food in North Phoenix I would recommend Armitage, Eddie Vs, Sassi, Flemings, etc. If you want to go out and have fun up north then I would recommend Primebar which is brand new in Scottsdale Quarter or Blue Martini. They are both super close to where you are and will have people there in your age group. The food in Phoenix is great. Some of my favorite restaturants in Rokerin, Durants, and Lons at Hermonsa. They are farther away from where you are staying but if you are a foodie then they will be worth the drive.
  • Options
    erinkay81erinkay81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with kjoseph in all she said!
    Primebar for food and drinks= awesome. Also there are a few clubs in Scottsdale Quarter. I am in my late 20's and my friends are all a little older and the Quarter is totally appropriate.
    Blue Martini is very close to the JW at Deset Ridge. That might be a great place to go after dinner. Sandbar is much more casual and I'm not sure it would be appropriate for a bachelorette party. It is much more of a party scene (I love it there and some of my best friends work there but would avoid it for anything sort of classy).

LOTS For Sale!! Update 7/6--> erinanddavewedding.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I don't know a whole lot other than East Valley,  but honesty if you're from anywhere else, it's not a big deal to drive across the valley.  If you grow up here, I guess 30 mins is a long drive.  LOL

I grew up where 30 minutes was a minimum to get to the grocery store even, so nowhere in the valley is a long commute, imo but depends on what you're used to.

Olive & Ivy is a lot closer to where you'll be staying I'll guess...  and it's a wonderful place, but can get kind of spendy.  It has a great atmosphere, good food and great sangria though.
    Photobucket

• Options
    GiaspoGiaspo member
    edited December 2011
    This is great; thank you so much. We will have a car and don't mind driving; 30 minutes is only half of our normal work commute! We really appreciate all of these suggestions and can't wait.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont' mind driving 30 minutes either, but Desert Ridge to Chandler is definitely more than 30 minutes :-) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    37 minutes from that hotel to the winery by mapquest.  =)
    Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My favorite nice restaurant is Elements at Sanctuary Resort, www.sanctuaryaz.com. They also have an awesome bar area with the best martinis!  It is probably only 10-15 minutes from where you are staying.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    GiaspoGiaspo member
    edited December 2011
    That sounds great- I could go for a martini right now. Thanks again... I truly cannot wait to visit.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Capitol Grill in Scottsdale has wonderful food. If your hubby is a foodie he love it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards