Ohio-Northeast

Reccomend an affordable reception site for Canton/Akron Area

My cousin is looking for a reception site that is affordable in the Akron/Canton area. I believe her guest list is 150-200, and she doesn't want an outside reception.  
She wants there to definately be a floor to dance on & also a place that allows you to bring in your own alcohol/food.

I think she'd decorate herself as well, just as long as it has atleast chairs/tables & a dance floor I think she'd be happy. LoL
If your reccomending a place & you personaly used it or got a quote can you share how much you spent for it/were quoted for it.  

Thanks for any reccomendations you may have. =)

Good luck in all your wedding planning as well ladies.

Re: Reccomend an affordable reception site for Canton/Akron Area

• edited December 2011

I have not looked at anywhere where you can bring in your own food and alcohol. I know SYB (Stow Youth Baseball) has a hall where you can bring in your own alcohol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out  -
    Natatorium - Cuy Falls  BYOC and BYOB
    North Canton Civic Center - BYOC and BYOB
    Foltz Comm Center - Specific catering and BYOB
    Brookside Farm - Not sure if this meets your requests??
  • edited December 2011
    The Foltz Community Center in East Canton. It is affordable and will accommodate all of your guests! There would defiantly room for a dance floor and you provide your own alcohol.
  • AwwJung09AwwJung09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for the suggestions! =)
  • edited December 2011
    I know you can't bring in your own food or drinks...but in Akron,  Guy's Party Centre is extremely reasonable for their Friday Night Package, or even their Winter Package (these include tax, gratuity, clean up, set up, they put up your decor how you want it, buffet or sit down, full bar, they even have things you can use for free like champagne glasses & wishing well & centerpieces/candles,  they even provide rentals on chair covers & sashes (which are cheap!! like $1.00 per chair & .50 cents per sash - i believe!).  Anyways just a thought. Check out their site: www.guyspartycentre.com Again, just a thought! I have used them for 2 events in my family that I have personally coordinated! They basically give you a stress free day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards