Arizona-Phoenix

Alterations freak out!!! Sorry, long!

My dress is undergoing a near-complete overhaul, and was dropped off to start alterations on January 23rd... plenty of time right? I was told there would be a TBD fitting prior to my first "scheduled" fitting on March 19th. I called 2 weeks before March 19th to try to get in for that TBD appointment and was instead instructed to just wait until 3/19. At this point, my dress has been at that shop for nearly 2 months. I requested a completely new skirt, a sash to be made, and for half of my original zipper back to be converted to a tie-up back (her idea, but I was cool with it). I arrived on 3/19 surprised to see that the entire zipper back had been converted (whatever, NBD), and the "skirt" was nothing more than a piece of fabric (although very pretty fabric) pinned on. Lots of fabric had to be pinned again to get the look I had previously requested, but it was starting to look just like I had envisioned. Next scheduled fitting (which btw, she wrote out on my order slip the dates for all of the fittings and pick-up date) is supposed to be 4/16. I called today to get that scheduled (although she indicated previously that she would be calling me, whatever, NBD), and was told that that's actually my "sew date" not an actually fitting... WTF?! So, my last fitting is supposed to be the day that I pick it up?! That does NOT make ANY sense whatsoever! I insisted on another fitting prior to that and am now scheduled to go in on 4/23 (MY WEDDING IS APRIL 29TH!). To be fair, she did offer to let me come in on 4/19, but that is my FI's bday, so I had to go with the next available after that. I am seriously, seriously, seriously hoping that I love her work and my dress because the thought of having to find an off-the-rack dress 5 days before my wedding is causing me to hyperventilate. Almond Tree offers off-the-rack dresses right?!

Even if her work is awesome, I'm going to have a really hard time recommending her in the future. I understand that she's very busy, but I'm typically very laid back and chill about everything wedding-related and this stress makes me want to cry!

Re: Alterations freak out!!! Sorry, long!

• @ pattib... Thx 4 the info about Almond Tree. Hoping it won't come 2 that, but at this point, I'm mentally prepared. :) @ andreamarie... Lol, yep! I'm really hoping 2 b as lucky as u and according 2 all of her reviews, it seems like she does great work. I really don't think I wld b as stressed if I didn't have her nearly COMPLETELY changing the look of my dress. As I mentioned in a post 2 another bride on here, if I could have done things differently, I would have told her my wedding was a month earlier than it actually is. Also, I probably would have asked for clarification about those dates that I "confused" 4 fitting dates... why on earth would I care about sew dates?! A little fishy to me...
  • Thanks for the good news, Louisa. I'm not stressing about it anymore because I have yet to hear 1 person who was not happy with the work she did on their dress. I get to see it in less than a week, and I'm just hoping for the best. Plus, I finally told my FI last night and he was so sweet about it and told me I'll look great no matter what I wear. I
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards