Arizona-Phoenix

New to this board!

I've been on theknot.com for about 3 years, but now we're actively planning our wedding and I want to make friends who are in the same part of life as I am!

My name is Manda, my fiance's name is Brandon. I am 22 years old, he is 26 years old. I have a 4 and a half year old son! We met on Okcupid.com, and officially met in person when I was working for Gymboree. I was pretty much sure the first time I saw him I would end up with him, and I was right.

Our wedding theme is winter wonderland. Our colors are blue, white and silver. We're planning on doing our own centerpieces, and invites. My future mother in law is going to make my dress, and our cake. I have a friend who has her own photography business who will be doing our wedding photography. So pretty much the only things we have to find are a DJ & Officiant. We're planning on using silk flowers for a lot of the different decorations, and fresh flowers for the bridal boquet as well as the bridesmaids.
E-ring! Photobucket

Re: New to this board!

• edited December 2011
    Congrats! Whens your date?
  • edited December 2011
    We're hoping for November 10, 2012. We're just checking out venues as of recently. It will depend on what they have available for us. :)

Thank you!
    E-ring! Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    congrats and welcome!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
    DH 45 ME 44

TTC #3 since 7/11 using OPK's and trying to figure out Fertility Friend! LOL
    DS #1 born on 7/20/87 DS#2 born on 1/19/96
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the planning process!

We just got married a week ago, and we really loved our officiant and DJ...  people couldn't stop talking about both of them!   I used Joe from AZ Celebrity DJ, and Rev. Giovanni from Rev. Giovanni weddings.  I can't say enough good things about either to do any justice.

Good luck!
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• edited December 2011

Yay!! Congrats! Welcome to the bored!!  i am getting married at a really unique and kind of vintage place if you need any suggestions. It is all outdoors and on a 4000sf brick patio. It is so cool. I am getting married in 5 weeks and I just planned a diy wedding like you. My aunt is doing my flowers my other aunt is making my cake. We have a lot of friends and family helping out. This venue work perfect for that because you can bring in your own vendors, and best of all it was the cheapest place I found in the valley. if you want any advise or help let me know. I am over flowing with wedding knowledge right now. haha . Good luck. here is my email adward@asu.edu.

• sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, you have a lot planned out for being so far in advance :)  Congrats on the engagement and beautiful ring!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards