Illinois-Chicago
Options

Creative ideas to create Cherry Blossom branches?

I have a friend who's getting married in August - and loves cherry blossom branches. We've been brainstorming ways for her to have cherry blossom centerpieces - without having to change her wedding date to April (which by the way, is not really an option, but she's that into them!)Anyone have any ideas? We've seen willow branches with pink cymbidiums tied/taped/however they put those flowers on, but is there a flower closer to the actual cherry blossom flower that won't wilt? Silk flowers are a definite no. HELP! Thanks in advance!

Re: Creative ideas to create Cherry Blossom branches?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe try the DYI boards- there is always some really helpful knotties there!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely post on the DIY board, but what about ordering freeze dried or preserved flowers from save-on-crafts? Is that too close to silk flowers?Maybe she can do something with the paper goods like table numbers or menus and print cherry blossom branches? If she just likes the pattern, I've seen really pretty vases and platters at Burlington Coat Factory/TJ Maxx Homegoods, etc with that pattern.Just an idea. Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Etsy.  They can do anything.
    Jack

Blog!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely check with a florist ...they might be able to order them for her if she absolutely loves them, or recommend something that might work instead. Or maybe try to incorporate the theme elsewhere. I have seen amazing invites w cherry blossoms on them or fake branches with gems used to hang placecards which looked amazing. BOL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards