Illinois-Chicago
Options

Brookfield Zoo

Anyone get married or ever been to a wedding at the Brookfield Zoo? After touring last week, it is one of the venues we are considering and was wondering if anyone had had previous experiences there.

Re: Brookfield Zoo

• Options
    alliebaranalliebaran member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't but our photographer shot a wedding there and the pictures are pretty funny... http://danielleaquilinephoto.blogspot.com/2009/10/michelle-tom.html  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my reception there. At Bocaditos to be exact.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i remembered seeing it on my photographers blog too. i just went to google and searched for it but noticed there was a video of it too http://www.vimeo.com/6969963hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding there on July 24th...Honestly, I always wanted my wedding there and did not even consider anywhere else....i cannot wait. We are working with Terry and he is awesome....I know a few people who have either been to a wedding there or another corporate event and they have nothing but good things to say about it.....I am sooooooo looking forward to it PLUS it is unique....
  • Options
    girlinchicagogirlinchicago member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine had her wedding there and she loved them!
    Photobucket Vacation Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having ours there! We are doing the Living Coast for cocktail hour and Bocaditos for dinner. I looked at over 100 venues to try and find something different but easy, and the zoo fit that perfectly, as with most "offbeat" venues you have to rent tables, chairs, linens, etc. We're also working with Terry, and he is awesome -- so helpful, nice, professional, etc. You can tell he's been doing it a long time. We love it and all of our friends are really excited about going to a wedding at the zoo.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! It is great to hear so many happy with their venue choice here. Due to the size of our wedding and $, we are having to do it at the Discovery Center. I'm hoping we can dress it up a little.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Ladies, I never posted a lot pre-wedding, just mainly lurked and I haven't done my reviews yet, but plan on it! Alliebaran - Those are MY pictures! Too funny! We had our ceremony and reception at Brookfield on Sept 19th. Worked with Terry, ceremony was in front of Roosevelt Fountain, cocktails were with the giraffes, reception was in the Discovery Center. I can tell you all of our guests, several who are wedding attendee professionals, all raved about our wedding, how beautiful everything was, how well coordinated and unique. Also the food is truly phenomenal, so you don't have to worry about dry tasteless food at all. The waitstaff is exceptional, Terry is a dream to work with. There were a few little things that went wrong, but nothing anyone else noticed, and truly nothing is going to go exactly perfect. I diy'd everything from the ceremony decor, invitations, programs, centerpieces, candy buffet, etc. They set up everything nearly perfectly! (I've got great candy take-out containers that are animal print I will be selling along with candy jars if anyone is interested) We used to go on dates at the zoo, so it was meaningful to us to get married there, and always be able to go back and visit and remember that special day. (Although truly the day is a bigger blur then you know) Please let me know if you have specific questions, I'll be happy to answer them! Michelle
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and you can e-mail me if you'd like as well, bubblesparkle11 at gmail dot com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our cocktails at the living coast as well....reception at the discovery center..i have never heard anything negative about the zoo....what did you have for dinner????
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For dinner we had the tomato soup en croute, which everyone raved about and wished they could get the recipe. We had given our guests a choice for the meal, either the filet or chicken medallions, or vegetarian of course. I think about 80% of our guests chose the filet, including us and it was melt in your mouth good. Not overdone at all and not fatty either. People also really loved the cake from Rolfs, it was beautiful and tasty!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards